Help me pull off the best secret Santa!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mpoppins92

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

I am a primary school teacher and at my school we do a version of secret Santa called secret friend. Over four days you leave small presents for your person and on the last day you leave a more substantial gift and reveal who you are.

I got the colleague who is renowned for being fun, competitive, energetic and over the top and I want to have a bit of fun with it. I want to have a scavenger hunt that lasts over three days with a fun gift at the end of each clue. I need some help thinking of small gifts and clues. I wouldn’t mind theming each day either.

I’m thinking of some gifts like a voucher for the coffee van she likes, a mini bottle of her fave wine, potentially something jokey about her being late to work most days etc.

I lack creative vision! Any help much appreciated!

#2 seayork2002

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

My step dad when I was a kid did notes for me with clues that directed me to different parts of the house to other clues

#3 MsLaurie

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

You could do the clues as a series of worksheets- things like a dot-to-dot that becomes a map; a wordseach where the left over letters spells out a location, a trivia quiz where the first letters of the correct answers is an acrostic spelling out the place, a series of compass points leading to the spot, emails with hints from an anon “secret Santa” account...

#4 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

What about bright nail polish?

Christmas decorations?

Christmas jewellery?

Fake flowers?

#5 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

Or hair clips and scrunchies?

#6 Velocinag

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

My dad used to leave me a series of clues to find my birthday present. He’d use Morse code, the phonetic alphabet, I’d have to call people for a clue etc. It was lots of fun!
We just did random acts of kindness at school - the kinds of gifts people got were coffee cards, chocolates, photocopying done for them, a NO button (says No in 10 hilarious ways!) candles etc.

#7 born.a.girl

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:18 PM

Little rhymes ... ?

On Monday, she was blah de blah

On Tuesday she was etc etc.

We did this when our neighbours' daughter turned 16, with no grandparents and no local family to help her celebrate.

When she was born ...

When she was one ...

So if it's not Mon - Friday you could substitute 'On Day one ..'

If you do it that way, we also matched the number to the number of items in the gift.

#8 katei

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

Is there a price limit? We've had teacher appreciation week this week, with a $10 limit for the whole week. I've received roses chocolates (my favorite flowers are roses), cute stationery, and blueberries (fav fruit). I've given highlighters (note read: your great work needs to be highlighted), flair pens (your work shows flair), sticky notes (you need to be noted for your hard work), a kit Kat (you deserve a break today - for their day off) & a face mask (your smiling face brightens our day) - she did ask for beauty products. It's the first time we've done anything like this and staff are really enjoying it. The gift givers get revealed this afternoon - there had been a lot of discussion over who is appreciating who.

#9 1975ladybug

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

If a theme,

Silly sunglasses to shield you from the brightness of your class,

Light up earrings because your personality shines positivity

A torch for the times you shine the way for others,

Voucher to Tour to the local observatory to see the stars in the sky

#10 IamtheMumma

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:27 PM

What is her position at school? How far can you take it?

Day 1 - Her favourite coffee van - I'd be roping that coffee person into personally deliver her coffee to her in her room/office. Could add in a gift or a humourous Xmas poem.

Day 2 - Rope in your fellow teachers, line the kids up from the gate where she walks in to her room/office. As she passes them, they start singing a Xmas song. Go with something easy that the kids already know. Bribe your fellow teachers with alcohol to help you.

Day 3 - Decorate her office/room door with her positive attributes - "You rock (but draw a rock), You're a star (draw a star) and so on. Put a little present on her desk.

Day 4 - Do you have a school cop? See if you can rope her/him in to create a Random Eggnog Test (flashing lights, the works). Post breathalyser, the cop gives her your big present and you appear to claim the credit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.