Apple TV+ subscription service

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:11 AM

Apparently, we have a free year of subscription to this. I’m not sure why though.

Has anyone else had a look? I watched about 10 minutes of the morning news one and realised I care less about the behind the scenes, than I do about the actual morning news.

I did watch the first episode of Dickinson which is a comedy about the life the Emily Dickinson, which I think has some real potential.

https://www.tomsguid...news-29720.html

Edited by Riotproof, 07 November 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#2 seayork2002

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:23 AM

Thanks, will look into this - may be a silly question but is Apple TV just like Netflix etc. where you pay and watch on any device or just through a special apple tv?

#3 Riotproof

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

It’s not a silly question but I have no idea, sorry.
It’s on my Apple TV box. What I find weird is it’s really hard to get all the subscription content in one place. It’s just kind of plonked in between all the ones you can hire or buy on iTunes.

#4 Byjingoalltheway

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

We bought DD a new iPad so got free subscription because of that.

I really like The Morning Show (wars in Aus), can’t wait for the next episode to drop.

We also watched the first episode of See ft. Jason Momoa. I was actually surprised how interested I was, well other than the small amount of violence, as I had no interest in GOT.

That’s about it so far.

Edited by byjingo, 07 November 2019 - 09:35 AM.

#5 GlitteryElfFarts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:39 AM

We have Apple TV but mainly use it to watch Netflix and run iTunes through the tv.

#6 Dadto2

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:18 AM

Apple TV is a piece of hardware, a media streaming device, you can download apps, stream content from your computer, hire movies from the itunes store and connect to things like Netflix. Most Smart TVs have all the apps that Apple TV provide, so probably superfluous.

#7 Riotproof

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostDadto2, on 07 November 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Apple TV is a piece of hardware, a media streaming device, you can download apps, stream content from your computer, hire movies from the itunes store and connect to things like Netflix. Most Smart TVs have all the apps that Apple TV provide, so probably superfluous.

I feel like you have kind of missed the point of the thread.

Apple's streaming service to rival Netflix and Amazon is now available. Here's what you need to know about the Apple TV+ subscription service, channels, and content.

https://www.macworld...ervice-3610603/

#8 Scootaloo

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:02 AM

We also got a free subscription, didn’t mind the Morning Show one and DD has started the kids one about the ghost in the library which she said was ok.

interesting to see what further content they release. Is it all going to be exclusive new shows to the Apple + service?

#9 Riotproof

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:16 AM

Scootaloo, I continued watching the morning show one after people said it was good. Definitely improved. I’m really liking Jennifer Anniston in it.

I think they are only doing original content, because they like charging individually for other brands stuff.

#10 Scootaloo

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

Riotproof, on 08 November 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

Scootaloo, I continued watching the morning show one after people said it was good. Definitely improved. I’m really liking Jennifer Anniston in it.

I think they are only doing original content, because they like charging individually for other brands stuff.

that makes sense, they can’t charge you on iTunes what you can get through a subscription service.

we are quite enjoying the Morning show, even DH is keen to see more which surprised me.

#11 MakesMeHappy

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

We also got a free year, it wasn’t very clear, but I eventually worked out it is because we got a new iPhone, although that was a good month.

I haven’t started watching yet but I have seen the ads for the morning show so will probably start there.

#12 Riotproof

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

I think the first ep is a bit blah, but I liked it after that.

#13 can'tstayaway

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

DH likes it. He was teaching me how to use it last night. He said it will make using all our other streaming services much easier because the interface is user friendly.

#14 Riotproof

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

Has anyone watched Servant?

#15 Scootaloo

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:46 AM

View PostRiotproof, on 07 December 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

me! Although I am only 2 eps in. Are you watching? What do you think?

#16 Riotproof

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:55 AM

It just gets weirder and weirder. Liking it though I think perhaps not a good idea to watch late at night.

Also, Rupert Grint is so good.

The morning show is still good, but I’m not hanging out for Friday for it.

Edited by Riotproof, 08 December 2019 - 08:16 AM.

#17 Byjingoalltheway

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

Riotproof, on 07 December 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

DH wants to watch it, the preview was enough to give me the heebie jeebies, lol, so that’s a no from me :)

#18 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostByjingoalltheway, on 08 December 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

DH wants to watch it, the preview was enough to give me the heebie jeebies, lol, so that’s a no from me :)

It is so bizarre. Last nights episode had me all over the place.

#19 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

We purchased an Apple TV box so got the subscription with that.

I like the Peanuts (Snoopy)

#20 Coffeegirl

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:53 AM

Servant has started creeping me right out.    

and after the first couple episodes, The Morning Show has grown on DH and I.    

There’s really not a lot of content available and I can see why they’ve offered the subscription for free.   I wouldn’t pay for what they are offering now

#21 IamOzgirl

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Omg the morning show!! Ep 10, wow!

#22 Clementinerose

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:45 AM

I wouldn’t pay for it. I set up our 12 months free last night and was so disappointed that everything the kids wanted to watch we needed to pay extra for.
It’s definitely not worth the 7.99 a month they charge for it

#23 Byjingoalltheway

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:51 AM

View PostClementinerose, on 31 December 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I wouldn’t pay for it. I set up our 12 months free last night and was so disappointed that everything the kids wanted to watch we needed to pay extra for.
It’s definitely not worth the 7.99 a month they charge for it

We haven’t had to pay anything extra? Everything is available to watch. We also got 12 months free

#24 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:52 AM

I find the navigation rubbish plus the fact that there are only about 10 ‘free’ shows. Not impressed so far.

#25 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:03 AM

I find the navigation rubbish plus the fact that there are only about 10 ‘free’ shows. Not impressed so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.