Singapore Budget Family 4

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Belladorn

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

For those that have been to Singapore what would you need to budget per day for a family of 4, with the kids under 10?  $400-500 AUD a day?
Would be doing touristy things such as Universal, Sentosa Island activities. Youngest child not a huge fan of Asian cuisine but everyone else is, so hawker markets out for eating.  Flights & Acc already booked and paid for with Buffett breakfast included.

#2 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

All you need to do is look up the cost of the activities you'll be doing then if you'll be eating hawker-style allow $10pp/meal and a bit more for transport.
Put aside some money for shopping at Decathlon.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

View PostHypnic Jerk, on 08 November 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

All you need to do is look up the cost of the activities you'll be doing then if you'll be eating hawker-style allow $10pp/meal and a bit more for transport.
Put aside some money for shopping at Decathlon.

This really,

We don't have a budget as such we just eat at Hawkers centres and know in our heads the cost of the main things and a bit more in my head (I am the money person at our place) and go with that - budgets are a good idea but foe other people :smile:

#4 Belladorn

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:12 AM

Thanks guys

#5 Charli73

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

We spent about $400 a day for the 4 of us with breakfast too. With Universal I would allow $500 a day.
Mine didn’t want to eat the Asian cuisine so we ate out a lot. Been twice and we loved it!

We have Decathlon in Australia too BTW.. one near my house.

#6 Belladorn

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

Charli73...I figured I was about right with my figures. Thanks.

#7 antiq

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:56 AM

For Singapore $400/ day for family of 4 without accommodation is very generous.  For Universal Studio, it's easy to spend $400-500.

Chicken rice is the safest option for young children.  Most children enjoys rice :-)

#8 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:21 AM

Hawker centres often have a Western Cuisine shop in them. There is a lot of Pizza and pasta places as well. Gourmet hamburger places often around as well as lots of coofee shops, like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. And finally of course there's the big fast food chains if all else fails.

#9 Jembo

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

We went in school holidays, family of 4 and spent about $1900 for a week.  We didn't do Universal as we went to Legoland instead.

Every attraction was around $100 on average.  DS1 is 16 so was classed an adult to every entry.

Our apartment complex had breakfast supplied every day except weekends.  We packed lunch each day (sandwich & snacks).  I found a supermarket so brought bread etc and we happened across a place selling very cheap snacks (packets of chips and things like 10 pack of Oreo cost $1, so we grabbed a bunch of that and kept in bags for when we needed a snack.  Fresh fruit and juices out and about were also so cheap.

We ate at Hawkers markets most times, or food stalls where ever we were.  One night we had Mexican at Clarke Quay and a couple of beers ($200 in total).  Clarke Quay was awesome (we stayed in walking distance) but eating out there soon added up.  Youngest doesn't normally like Asian food, but loves dumplings so was easy enough to find him some of them.  Funnily enough he was more adventurous with food while there and tried Durian and loved it.

It was handy packing our own food to zoo as we didn't have to go back outside to get food and youngest is a snacker, so we always had something on hand when he complained he was hungry.

We had McDonalds one night as craving a burger and that surprisingly was not that expensive.

I thought we would have spent a lot more, but was surprised we didn't.  We did all the major attractions (aside from Universal - we chose the water park instead and a cable car ride over).

We found taxi's cheaper for 4 of us compared to MRT, (cost us $6 to go to Gardens by the Bay).  Lines were downside at major attractions.

#10 Anonforthistime

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:42 AM

Have you had a look at Luxury Escapes? There is currently a family deal for Sentosa which includes accomodation and entry tickets. Might be an economical way to do it for a few days.
https://luxuryescape...0I00000csUbTQAU

Edited to say I just realised you’ve already booked your accommodation. Oops!

Edited by Anonforthistime, 20 November 2019 - 08:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.