3 year old children and 8 month old border collie puppies have so much in common

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lallalla

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

So I should have seen this coming. I had my first 3 year old child 2 years ago and first border collie puppy last year.

I now have both 3 year olds and a 2nd border collie puppy and they are, just, so, similar. It’s more than being a ball of energy that is playful, clumsy and hilarious, and totally lacking impulse control. That I saw coming. They are also all  going through a bit of teenage-like rebellion, where they know what they are supposed to do/what you are asking and do the opposite anyway. Luckily for their sake both puppies and 3 year olds are cute.

Actually when I think about it this has been going on for a while, I toilet trained all 3 of them around the same time too...

#2 Jenflea

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:03 PM

My 9 yr old commented on how much like a toddler our 7  month old kitten is.

I just laughed at her.

#3 blueskies12

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

Haha yes, this is true!

We have just got a puppy. We have a 22 month old and a 4 year old. It is quite amazing how much energy they all need to run off to be happy.

We are really amazed at how quiet this puppy is, how he comes when he is called, doesn't whinge about his dinner...and they say puppies are hard work!

#4 AsperHacker

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

I have a 6 month old cattle cross mastiff. The size of a mastiff with the smarts of a cattle with the attitude of a toddler. I wanted a 4th child without having another child... How wrong I was to forget what puppies are like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.