Acceptable behaviour at cricket

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 autismmu

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Edited by autismmu, 09 November 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#2 kimasa

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:46 PM

Are players not supposed to know the score in cricket?

#3 autismmu

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Edited by autismmu, 09 November 2019 - 09:03 PM.

#4 BadCat

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

To be fair, it IS just under 11s cricket.

I mean, I get that you want to get it right, but they are mostly out there for fun.  

The treatment from the other scorer doesn't sound especially disrespectful, just a different style.  You think he was disrespectful, he probably thinks you're uptight.

To be honest, I'd be more comfortable with his behaviour than yours at an under 11s match.

#5 autismmu

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

Edited by autismmu, 09 November 2019 - 09:02 PM.

#6 BadCat

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Wow, really?  One person doesn't jump on board with your complaint about someone and you delete everything?

Whatevs.

#7 Fossy

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like you need to take a step back, maybe
roster the other parents on to score if it’s too much. Every sport we are involved in everyone has a week they score.  Use an app then you don’t even have to remind people, it’s all handled for you, very stress free and easy!

But yes, it is important to remember it is only under 11s, I know our local teams don’t even keep score that young.  The season has just started, the kids are probably just excited, try to not be too hard on them.

#8 Jenflea

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

Now I'm curious as to what happened.

#9 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

Must of been a boring game of cricket....oh wait.

#10 wilding

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:24 PM

Edited by wilding, 10 November 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#11 annodam

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:01 PM

Aaahhh another uptight parent I see, it’s u11s man, it’s meant to be FUN!
My kid plays in u12s in Summer & u13s in Winter, we get smashed week in week out, no one cares about the scores, today we got the mercy rule thrown in & the game ended early, oh well...

#12 autismmu

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

I tried to delete the thread but doesn’t seem possible.  On reflection, especially considering so many suffering with bushfires this weekend, that it didn’t really matter and I was being a bit uptight  and should just let things go.  It wasn’t because I disagreed with a response, more the opposite.  I agree I need to relax and try and filter out the distractions.

I do go into the each game volunteering my time every week and try to do my best by the kids.        I never  care who wins-loses and cannot be accused of that.  I DO get uptight about the actual accuracy of the scorebook and NOT the result because it becomes a mess if both scorers books/app don’t match.  I think I may have given the wrong impression.  I agree I need a break and will step away and hope others volunteer instead.

#13 autismmu

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

View Postannodam, on 10 November 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Aaahhh another uptight parent I see, it’s u11s man, it’s meant to be FUN!
My kid plays in u12s in Summer & u13s in Winter, we get smashed week in week out, no one cares about the scores, today we got the mercy rule thrown in & the game ended early, oh well...
Sounds nice and relaxed!  Our association requires multiple statistics from every match and every individual player to be entered by the home team and the opposing team have to either verify or dispute these scores.  These are published on the internet and used to award player achievements, ladders etc.  I think these requirements mean I put pressure on myself to get it right.  I wish it was more the way you describe!

Edited by autismmu, 10 November 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#14 BadCat

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the update.

Sorry about having a go at you deleting.  That was unnecessary.  :(

Glad you could take a moment to reflect on it and see that maybe you were being a little too much of a stickler though.  There's a balance to be had.  It's not always easy to find it.  I hope you can. :)

#15 autismmu

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostBadCat, on 10 November 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

Thanks for the update.

Sorry about having a go at you deleting.  That was unnecessary.  :(

Glad you could take a moment to reflect on it and see that maybe you were being a little too much of a stickler though.  There's a balance to be had.  It's not always easy to find it.  I hope you can. :)
Thanks you’re not such a Badcat 😉.  I will work on being less of a stickler 😀

#16 annodam

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

View Postautismmu, on 10 November 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Sounds nice and relaxed!  Our association requires multiple statistics from every match and every individual player to be entered by the home team and the opposing team have to either verify or dispute these scores.  These are published on the internet and used to award player achievements, ladders etc.  I think these requirements mean I put pressure on myself to get it right.  I wish it was more the way you describe!

You wanna see multiple statistics & messy scorebooks?
Try scoring a Jnr Baseball match, there is no other game in the world that requires more stats written in a Scorebook than Baseball!

Just relax & take it easy...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.