OMF?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 aluminium

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

Original Mattress Factory - yes or not?

I need a new mattress.
I don't want one that's only foamy stuff.

Thoughts?

#2 BadCat

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:03 AM

Haven't used them specifically but they'd be like Australian Bedding Company.  There'll be absolutely basic mattresses right up to pocket coil, zoned, cloud top, memory foam and latex, super expensive stuff.

I bought a latex mattress from ABC years ago for about a third of the price of a latex mattress from anywhere else and it's been perfect.

#3 Caribou

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Go to IKEA. they’re brilliant and not all foamy. Easy to transport home too.

#4 crankybee

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

We have three in this house - King, Double and a Single. FANTASTIC! They are all 5 years old now.

#5 WaitForMe

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

These days, I wouldn't buy a mattress online without a full money back guarantee no questions asked. Its become pretty much standard now.

I don't see any obvious mention of that on OMF's website, maybe its hidden somewhere.

#6 blimkybill

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

I bought one from them , but not online, from a showroom. There's lots of options and the prices are good.

#7 SM3s Fight Song

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

View PostCaribou, on 10 November 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Go to IKEA. they’re brilliant and not all foamy. Easy to transport home too.

Have 2 ikea inner spring ones.  They have various thicknesses of mattress topper, sold separately.  I tried them in store and found one that was really great.  Only bed that doesn't make my chronic pain worse.

#8 aluminium

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

Thanks.
I'm going to go into the shop. I just havent really heard much about them and was wondering whether to look there or stick with your King Koils, and SealyPosturepedic type places.

#9 BadCat

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

They're all the same really.

A fancy name on a pocket coil pillow top mattress doesn't make it any better than a no name one made in the same style.

#10 SM3s Fight Song

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:40 PM

View Postaluminium, on 10 November 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thanks.
I'm going to go into the shop. I just havent really heard much about them and was wondering whether to look there or stick with your King Koils, and SealyPosturepedic type places.

Usually I just start at the cheap end and lie on lots of mattresses till I find one that doesn't want to make me scream 😱.  But I know my bodies pretty fussy due to chronic pain. I've found my cheapish ikea plus mid range topper better than my very expensive pillow top mattress.  But DH is happy with most beds, so depends what your needs are.  I tried OMF years ago and found nothing that suited me, but could say the same about sealy and King coil.

#11 aluminium

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, my back is killing me and I reckon it might be my bed.

#12 IamOzgirl

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostWaitForMe, on 10 November 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

These days, I wouldn't buy a mattress online without a full money back guarantee no questions asked. Its become pretty much standard now.

I don't see any obvious mention of that on OMF's website, maybe its hidden somewhere.

It's on the home page, at the bottom but big.

200 night guarantee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.