Years and Years on SBS - anyone watching?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 peckingbird

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

I’ve just watched the first two episodes on SBS on demand and it’s amazing! Scary but amazing. Emma Thompson is brilliant.

Very cranky now I have to wait each week for new episodes and already disappointed it’s only a six part series.

Anybody else watching?

#2 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

So good.
So depressing.
But eagerly awaiting the next one.

#3 blue86

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

I binged the whole series on recent flights. It’s brilliant. And brilliantly terrifying

I promise no spoilers

#4 Nasty Bunsen

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

I’ve watched the first one, trying to ration myself! Love Russell T Davies writing and the cast is excellent.

#5 Lunafreya

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

You know what’s funny? You watch it and then get the news in the ad break and it’s like what you just saw on the show.

Years and Years: Cracking down on protestors, refugee crisis, massive fires and floods
Newsbreak: Cracking down on protestors, refugee crisis, massive fires and floods

#6 dadwasathome

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

We watched ep 1 last night. Too much too, too close to a form of reality.

Not for a night when you’re exhausted already and just want to veg

#7 Nozycat

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:47 PM

Loved it, had no idea what it was from the ads.  I totally got hooked in, love the family and the story.  Very scary at the same time, too close to reality.

#8 coolbreeze

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:42 PM

Yes and I am trying to ration myself too.
Terrifying and true...the world seems to be spinning so fast.
CB

#9 peckingbird

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

That scene in the first episode where the gay brother is holding the new baby in the hospital and had a bit of a rant about all the horrible things going on in the world was so accurate and overwhelming.

Edited by peckingbird, 10 November 2019 - 09:50 PM.

#10 coolbreeze

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Yes the world seems "overwhelming" great word choice!

#11 ELF_em_bee

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

I love it, but I find it very unsettling.  The music/ soundtrack makes it quite scary.

#12 steppy

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:45 PM

Yes watching. Liking it so far. The body dysmorphia angle is interesting. In a world tipping toward disaster, why would she think data lives forever?

#13 Lunafreya

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

I like gran when she flushed the toilet.

What happened to their Mum?

#14 peckingbird

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lunafreya in ep 1 or 2 they mentioned the mum went through chemotherapy so O assume she died of cancer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.