Lunch platter ideas or Tart recipe?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jembo

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

Hi, I have a lunch on where we bring something to share, we usually go for a bit of a platter, things we can chuck on a board and share. Someone is already doing the usual  cheese, salami, dip etc stuff + quiches  so I am trying to think fo something a bit different and am stuck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Or I was thinking maybe some type of really yummy tart I can cut up, but I do not have any recipes and google is not really coming up with anything.

Edited by Jembo, 12 November 2019 - 07:07 PM.

#2 Kaz83

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

A fruit platter?

#3 PrincessPeach

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

I make this lemon slice & it usually goes down very well.

https://www.taste.co...2a-407d5b05ebb1

Sweet, but  not excessively

#4 Babetty

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

Mini zucchini slice? Either bake a whole one and cut into squares, or do in a muffin tray.

Chicken wings / drumettes?

#5 Lifesgood

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

How about caramelised onion and goat cheese tart on puff pastry sprinkled with fresh herbs?

Its super easy, quick and tastes amazing. I'll see if I can find the recipe online.

This is very similar to one I make except I don't use olives - it really doesn't need them.
https://www.taste.co...32-1fafaf251748

Or this actually is almost identical
https://www.seriouse...ets-recipe.html

Edited by Lifesgood, 12 November 2019 - 07:29 PM.

#6 lizzzard

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

Chocolate fondu with fruit (fresh and dried)?

#7 ABabyPlease

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Crackers spread with the mix below and then topped with smoked salmon.

Cream cheese, dill, lemon

#8 eponee

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

Nagi to the rescue - https://www.recipeti...stini-toppings/

#9 JBH

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

This is super easy and popular:
https://www.deliciou...d-ricotta-tart/

#10 Luci

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

Mini corn fritters topped with cream fraiche, smoked salmon a sprig of dill.

Potato frittata baked in a square or rectangle tin and cut into small squares.

#11 Anon wife

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:07 PM

My two faves are: smoked salmon & dill tart/ cream fraiche on toasted baguette with ocean trout shaved fennel & apple, topped with dill. Light & yummy

#12 PaperCats

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Bruschetta
Mini meatballs on toothpicks
Chicken wings
Mini savoury muffins
Savoury scones and butter
Chunky guacamole
A plate of sandwiches or rolls with fancy fillings
Rice paper rolls
A nice pizza base with garlic, basil and cheese cut into small wedges?

#13 barrington

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

Mini hot dogs
Beef sliders
Arancini balls
Chicken drumsticks
Corn on the cob

#14 Holly298

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

My go to is a Lebanese based mezze  platter - you can make or buy the dips and salads ect and it looks great on a platter:
Tzatiki, hummus and labne with pita bread (I cut it into quarters ,  tabouli, vine leaves, cherry tomatoes, falafel, olives, mini cukes and baby capsicum, cut carrots, pomegranate, lemon , crumbled eggplant and if you wanted to add meat some lamb kofta balls - all spread out on a platter (dips and olives in bowls)

#15 Sancti-claws

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

I agree with mini tarts - you use muffin tins and frozen pastry (unless you are dab hand) and put in whatever.

Favourites are

zucchini - sweat some onion and lots of grated zucchini, salt, pepper and bake in shells - ticks the vegan box

thaw frozen spinach and cube feta - mix with an egg (and a bit of mint if you want to be fancy - or even roll these in the puff pastry and sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake

bacon, corn and egg

leftover whatever is in your veg drawer cut fine, mixed with egg and milk for a baked custard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.