Gift ideas for 11yo girl and 9yo boy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 3rd time lucky

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Apologies if this in in the wrong section... and I know it’s only November!!!!

Ok - looking for gift ideas for 11yo girl and 9yo boy for Christmas...

We are getting a family gift of a gaming system. So that’s the ‘big’ thing.

We are trying to downsize ‘stuff’... so they will be getting vouchers for books and a voucher for an experience each. Eg tree climb, zoo experience or similar.

But, I would like them to have something to open and play with/ get excited about on the actual day!! I think my 9 yo in particular is still little enough that even though he’ll appreciate the vouchers - he’ll love something tangible on the day.

So - I’m looking for inspiration!
Thoughts I’ve had already, board games, embroidery set (for 11yo)... I need help! 🤣

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bereckii

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:56 PM

I've been looking at this for similar ages
https://www.turingtumble.com/

#3 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

I played this game, Slapzi, with a group of adult friends recently. It was fantastic, and great to play across a range of ages. Basically, you have five double sided picture/word cards, and a card is played to the middle that has a criteria (e.g. "taller than you", "mostly red", "can roll it down a hill", "does not fit down a chimney") and you have to be the first to put down an appropriate picture card.

My description does not do it justice, but it was funny, loud (as we all argued our case) and straight forward.

https://toys2learn.c...8MaAsaoEALw_wcB

#4 barrington

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:22 PM

PP - we LOVE slapzi!

#5 DM. 2012

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

This is something that fart loving boys (or girls) might like.  Fart Ninja.  It has a sensor on it’s forehead and farts when anyone walks past (including on the shelf at the shop.  I’ve seen them at Toy World and Big W.  It’s hilarious.  

https://www.bigw.com...sorted/p/51609/

I’ve got my 10 year old niece a set of lots of little nail polish bottles that comes with little nail stickers.

#6 3rd time lucky

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

Thanks- that’s some great ideas!

My DD is recently getting interested in more ‘grown up’ and tween girl type things eg clothes, nails etc. so that gives me a few ideals.
I’m so out of the loop as to what shops are cool these days, so I’ll have to think about it, but maybe I could get he some bits and pieces from sportsgirl, or cotton on or wherever is the cool shop these days!

#7 Riotproof

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

Ds is also getting a games system, but as it’s mainly for him, that’s pretty much all he’s getting.

I have exploding kittens the card game  to go in his stocking.

#8 beccaj

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:20 AM

Unstable Unicorns, this was a fave gift for my 11 yr old last Christmas

#9 tiggy2

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:30 AM

We still go with the something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read!

11yo - the Body Shop or Lush, or Typo if she’s too grown up for toys. Books.
9yo - my 9yo DDs boy friends still mostly love LEGO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.