Survivor Island of the Idols

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scootaloo

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

I can’t be the only one watching, anyone else?

what did you make of tonight’s episode? Not sure what to think about it all. Was it as bad as they were saying or was it gameplay?

#2 PizzaSteve

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

I am watching but not up to date - I didn’t see last week or tonight. I did see 5 mins of tonight’s tribal though when Janet was saying she was thinking of leaving, and then that guy started saying he was all me too. Super curious to see what it was all about!!

Otherwise really enjoying it. Love Boston Rob!

#3 CG123

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

I’m watching... always watching survivor!!!

I didn’t like what happened on the first of Thursday’s episodes. Those women said they were uncomfortable and didn’t like having him around camp. Janet did what she thought was morally right and stood up for them. She was made to look like the bad guy and I’m glad she called them out on it.

I feel the worst part is Elizabeth lying about it though, just to keep someone in the dark on the vote. Not cool!!

IF IN DOUBT, PLAY YOUR IDOL, even just a little, do it...

Haven’t watched the second ep yet.

#4 Scootaloo

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:47 AM

I agree, they took a serious issue and then used it strategically as part of the game. Now it looks like they were either a)making it up or b) blowing it out of proportion but I do think he was a bit too touchy feely with them. They should have just stood by their word and voted him out.

First time we have ever seen anything like this on survivor though, never seen a contestant get a warning before.

other than that I am finding the Idol Island concept interesting. It is funny watching Rob and Sandra listen to tribal councils.

#5 Nozycat

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Some of the women were complaining about Dan being too touchy/feely right in the beginning and I believe them and I like that production stepped in, Kellee was really upset I believe.  But some of the women then using that for strategy was totally wrong imo and stepped over a line from gameplay into ruining a man's reputation and damaging the me too movement through lies for personal gain, I didn't like that at all.  And Janet got shafted - not cool.

I can't believe that Kellee left with 2 idols in her pocket.

Edited by Nozycat, 15 November 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#6 casime

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

I've been watching, and I was pretty angry when I watched it.  They started well, dealing with the issue but then allowed her feelings to be totally minimised, and let him have a say while Kellee couldn't say anything as part of the jury.  The women who lied are vile, and also minimised her experiences.  Dan obviously thinks he has every right to touch women and they should just accept it.  I bet he wouldn't try that with a man.

#7 PizzaSteve

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

I made the mistake of reading the reviews of both shows before watching, and now I think I would get too angry to watch it through. As PP said, first time such a serious issue has been tangled up in game play, and so bad that the victim and then the person who stood up for her were voted out. Such a parallel with real life really. Definitely don’t want Missy or Elizabeth to win now.

#8 casime

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

Very glad that Missy and Elizabeth are gone.  

I'm not a fan of Karishma, but she played that idol perfectly.

#9 Scootaloo

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:19 AM

So, who watched this week? Wow! Never seen that before.

i wished that action had of happened earlier though.

#10 Nozycat

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

Yes he should have been taken out much earlier.

#11 immismum

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

So he did something 'inappropriate' with a production member or assistant and was sent home, but when he did it with a contestant on camera, he wasn't?  how ****ed....

#12 PizzaSteve

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:56 AM

Yep, this whole season is pretty tainted. Even winning will be overshadowed by Dan. Apparently it’s the first time the reunion won’t be live, so they can manage what people say.

#13 casime

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

What an underwhelming ending.

I think Kellee will get another season, they kind of owe it to her.  Elaine and Janet will make another reappearance as well in future seasons.

#14 Scootaloo

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

I agree, didn’t like any of them in the end.

i wonder wether Kellee will want to come back, she still seemed upset by it all - and very justified in feeling that way.

next season looks very promising though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.