Yummy Mummies

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 gracie1978

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

Ok
Any other tragics out there who have binge watched the whole of season two?

No one IRL seems to have and I'm DESPERATE to debrief.

Don't post in here and get my hopes up if you're just going to talk about what terrible television it is and how you'd never watch it.
I already know I've lowered my IQ by about 10 points ;)

#2 ~J_F~

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

I did ages ago.

I thought it was meh compared to the first season - mostly Lorinska. Jane and Rachel try to stay a bit classy. Iva is a bit dramatic.

Edited by ~J_F~, 16 November 2019 - 01:06 PM.

#3 chicken_bits

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:15 PM

Currently guilty. I've just finished ep 7. It's such great trash.

#4 gracie1978

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Iva was really interesting, I wonder if she lived in the burbs of Melbourne and that was why no one ever went to her house?

The $20k to spend on handbags, omg the things I would do with that money!  It's a car!

I know it's all in the editing, but they seem to drink A LOT if I had friends drinking that much I'd be staging an intervention, not showing up after a marathon with a half drunk bottle of bubbles.

I would totally watch a show that was Maria and her Mum Gogglebox style commenting on it.

#5 #YKG

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

I didn’t even know there was a season 2, when did 7 air season 2?

#6 gracie1978

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

I watched it on Netflix

#7 ~J_F~

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

A few months back it was on 7, that’s when I watched it.

#8 Chocolate Addict

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

Oooh I missed season 2 when it aired on tv. Now I know what  I am watching next on netflix lol

#9 Paddlepop

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

Lol, you're about a year late!
http://www.essential...-2-coming-soon/

I much preferred season 1. Season 2 was too forced. I didn't even end up watching every episode.

#10 bandbub

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

i didnt enjoy season 2 it wasnt the same.without maria on it

#11 Grrrumbles

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:31 AM

So contrived but this thread got me onto it on Netflix last night. How exhausting to have to put a cocktail frock on to go to mothers group. So scripted, Lorinska is a terrible actor.

#12 gracie1978

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

Constantly wearing cocktail dresses is very odd!

#13 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

I just watched the first episode after reading this thread. Maybe it’s the Kath & Kim marathon I just finished but when these women talk all I hear is Kath Day-Knight. Total trash that I’m going to shamelessly binge watch.

#14 Chocolate Addict

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

Pretty sure I did see one episode and it was pretty bad. lol

#15 spr_maiden

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

I started watching yesterday after seeing this thread.  Needed light trash while cleaning and sorting.
I think DD6 summed it up nicely when she asked "why are they having a mean fashion competition?" Hahaha
It did the trick in taking my mind off the mammoth task I was doing lol. Except I kept stopping to stare at their foreheads.  I thought botox was not allowed when pregnant because it's harmful?

#16 Chelli

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

I binged watched it and found it trashy and hilarious. I just want to know where they get all their money and babysitters from :lol:

#17 #YKG

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

Chelli, on 17 November 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

I binged watched it and found it trashy and hilarious. I just want to know where they get all their money and babysitters from :lol:

Husbands.
Lorinskas husband is an ex footballer he also co-owns a finance company  his net worth between $2-$5million

Jane’s husband is a hairdresser, at his Salon a basic cut by the most junior hairdresser is $100, if you want Joey you’re looking at minimum $200, if you want colour as well, you’re not getting out for under $500. Jane also came from a well off family. Joey net worth approx $5mill+

Rachel’s husband is a high end real estate agent & auctioneer, he basically sells multi million dollar properties. Husband $2-$3mill net worth

Iva couldn’t find what her husband did, but she worked in IT pre kids, so depending on what type of job in IT, she could’ve been earning over 6 figure salary. Unknown net worth

Prior to marriage

Lorinska was a school teacher turned model, turned sometime “traffic in the sky” now full time mum

Jane was a model now full time mum

Rachel worked in retail now full time mum.

They all pretty much have nanny’s at least part time. I couldn’t find exact net worth’s of the husbands just approximates.

Edited by #YKG, 17 November 2019 - 08:36 PM.

#18 Ollie83

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

I’ve just watched it too, I needed to totally chill out and watch something I didn’t need to use my brain for. Quite like Jane and Rachel, but over all quite hilarious and trashy.

#19 Ollie83

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

Iva’s husband owned and manages a trucking company from what they said on the show, from memory his name is Stephen.

#20 Mrs Twit

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:38 PM

I shamelessly binge watched series 2 last week.

It was awful.

I loved it!

Although I felt that they were grasping for ideas which is why they bought Iva and all of her dramatics in. I can't imagine that it could stretch to a 3rd season - but I would have to watch if it did ;)

Not sure why I like it so much as they are the total opposite of me in every way. Perhaps that is why I like it - so unrealistic and hard to believe that people have lives like that. And those kids are going to grow up as spoilt brats. None of the parents seem to have any idea at all.

#21 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:45 PM

“Do you have David Jones in Adelaide?” amused me.

#22 Charli73

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

Guilty, started watching yesterday. It was making me cringe just how self absorbed and rude Maria and her mother were, liked the Melbourne girls better.

I feel like Rachel looks a bit like Sarah Jessica Parker? Or is that what she’s hoping for? Jane seems sweet, Lorinska is OTP and Eva bores me. I cannot believe the gifts they are getting, the money wow to be able to buy whatever you wanted. Kids are going to be very spoiled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.