Disney+

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Team Awesome

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:12 AM

Heads up you can now sign up and start your free trial.

I’ve set up profiles for the whole family have at least one maybe two children home today so good timing for cosy good feels watching.

#2 theboys2

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

how long is the free trial?

dont worry - i stopped being lazy and looked.

is it like netflix in that each month you pay and you can have x amount of devices?

Edited by theboys2, 19 November 2019 - 09:28 AM.

#3 Freddie'sMum

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

One of the reasons we have Stan is because it had all the Disney shows for the kids, so I am a little bit disappointed that they are gone.

#4 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:58 AM

we will ditch stan now.

We will have netflix, amazon and disney now. Although i haven't had a good look at the disney content yet.  I am hoping its not half filled due to annoying foxtel or stan deals that steal half the content.  I wish foxtel would just die already.

Noticed Disney doesn't have a password protected parental controls.  Its a bit of a concern with my kids, dont want them watching scary movies. Making them a kids account wont stop them if they can just go into the settings and change it or access our account.

#5 Team Awesome

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:59 AM

Theboys2-Yes streaming like Netflix. We planned in advance to sign up for a year as it’s cheaper at $7.50 a month. Has some old and newer favourites we’re looking forward to watching. You can have at least 4 devices Simultaneously playing. It’s not levelled like Stan or Netflix so everyone gets HD quality.

FM - I knew it was coming and I’d already cancelled stan before they dropped the Disney stuff a couple of days ago. I know from looking at Facebook the lack of notification it was expiring hasn’t been well received.

#6 Threetwoone

Posted 19 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

It doesn't seem to work with telstra t.v

#7 Noodlez

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

I signed up tonight we watched a bit of monsters inc at DS’s request. I’m so excited that we have it after reading all the titles that are available I can’t wait to catch up on all my childhood classics!! I foresee lots of movie nights in our future.

#8 #YKG

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

I got a month free trial from Disney, just gotta figure out how to get in on smart TV.

#9 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

View Post#YKG, on 19 November 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

I got a month free trial from Disney, just gotta figure out how to get in on smart TV.

You might need a device like a chrome cast if your tv doesn’t allow you to download the app.

#10 #YKG

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

View Postmayahlb, on 19 November 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

You might need a device like a chrome cast if your tv doesn’t allow you to download the app.

My TV isn’t compatible but I have a PS4 which apparently is, just gotta set it up, but I mostly watch Netflix on my ipad when on cross trainer or running to make time go faster lol so it’ll be mostly st the gym I think that I’ll watch it.

#11 Mooples

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:04 AM

We had Netflix then joined Stan for ds to have access to all the Disney stuff. He’s more into shorter tv episodes than movies but will occasionally ask for one, yesterday he wanted Frozen after seeing all the new toys out. It’s not worth it for us to sign up to Disney as well for the random once a month movie he asks for. I’m a bit disappointed.

#12 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:09 AM

Disney Plus has lots of TV shows too. DS is binge watching Duck Tales.

We watched the first ep of the mandolorian yesterday. It was pretty good. Good one for me to watch with DH

#13 *Ker*

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

View Post#YKG, on 19 November 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

How did you get a month free??

#14 annodam

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

I’m going against the grain, thank God it’s off Stan.
I hate everything Disney, it can fk off to it’s own Channel & drop dead as far as I’m concerned!

#15 #YKG

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:24 PM

View Post*Ker*, on 21 November 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

How did you get a month free??

I’ve participated in a few Disney events, I regularly get discount codes etc from them. They sent me an email last week with the code.

Anondam um it’s more than just Disney, it’s also everything it owns like marvel, Star Wars, Fox programs/movies, Pixar, national geo etc. so it’s not just princesses and Mickey Mouse.

Edited by #YKG, 21 November 2019 - 06:33 PM.

#16 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

View Postannodam, on 21 November 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

I’m going against the grain, thank God it’s off Stan.
I hate everything Disney, it can fk off to it’s own Channel & drop dead as far as I’m concerned!

We dropped Stan 2 years ago ( before Disney) as we found there was nothing getting loaded on the kids and family movie stuff. My only hope is they make the effort now they don't have Disney to keep adding new content and not just adult content.
As an aside I am really enjoying watching His Dark Materials on Foxtel Go. Based on the Philip Pullman books, it's sooo much better than the disappointing, religion toned down movie The Golden Compass with Nicole Kidman. I am even forgiving they have changed Lyra and Mrs Coulter's hair to brown instead of amber blonde.

#17 annodam

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:32 AM

View Post#YKG, on 21 November 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I’ve participated in a few Disney events, I regularly get discount codes etc from them. They sent me an email last week with the code.

Anondam um it’s more than just Disney, it’s also everything it owns like marvel, Star Wars, Fox programs/movies, Pixar, national geo etc. so it’s not just princesses and Mickey Mouse.

Yep, I know we don't like Pixar, Marvel or anything from Lucasfilm Productions.

#18 Jingleflea

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Why don't you like anything Disney?

#19 blueskies12

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

I want to get Disney + too. Does it have the old cartoons of Mickey/Donald Duck etc?

I don't like Netflix for little ones. I am thinking Disney + would be better.

Edited by blueskies12, 22 November 2019 - 07:29 PM.

#20 #YKG

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

View Postblueskies12, on 22 November 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

I want to get Disney + too. Does it have the old cartoons of Mickey/Donald Duck etc?

I don't like Netflix for little ones. I am thinking Disney + would be better.

Yep it’s got duck tales, Mickey, Winnie the Pooh etc on the Disney junior list.

#21 TrixieBelden

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:30 AM

How weird to even bother openIng a thread about a streaming service that exclusively streams things you loathe.

We got a trial purely for the new Star Wars show.  I don’t know if we’ll continue after that, don’t think we’d watch enough.

#22 Babetty

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

We've just got it - DH got it to finish watching something star wars related that he started on Netflix. But we all love animated movies etc and DD(7) was very happy with her first look at the selection this morning. DS(10) will also be happy with some of the star wars series, still love the Lion Guard etc and we'll probably give some of the Nat Geo documentaries a go.

I think the kids section has a more accessible interface than Netflix - it's not so overwhelming

#23 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:58 AM

We currently have a weeks free trial and I love it. DS 10 is using it a lot and DP and I are loving The Mandolorian so far. I will probably keep it once the trial is up. We have Netflix, which we only signed up for a month ago for the first time ever and I'm just binging it like crazy. We have a fire stick so I'm loving all the B grade horror movies on prime video. Only recently joined up for that too.

We have had foxtel for donkeys years and I will be getting rid of that next week.

#24 RynandStompy

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

We got it for the Marvel movies. DH is starting to take DD9 through most of them. She started with Captain Marvel so then we did that and went back to Iron Man.
Annoyingly, the Avengers Movie on Disnry glitched and froze multiple times so we had to halt it.
We are still in free trial period so will see if others do too and reassess.

I'm seeing an entrepreneur meme on social media atm telling people they don't need to start their business at 100% ready. After all Disney+ didn't.
That doesn't fill me with confidence the glitching won't stop....

#25 Rainyeyes

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:50 AM

We are planning to get it at some point as they are things DH wants to watch.

Can anyone tell me if they have Star vs the Forces of Evil on there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.