Disney+

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Riotproof

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

I wouldn’t have thought so, it’s all their own content isn’t it?

#27 #YKG

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

Rainyeyes I haven’t seen it but they will be increasing the catalogue over time, they pretty much put a mix of things with view to grow.

Weavile the catalogue will be added to over time, so will add over time. And yes ours is the same as US. Only 4 countries have Disney+ as a soft launch, only US, Canada, Australia & New Zealand, UK gets it by end of month will gradual roll out to more regions.

#28 Team Awesome

Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:32 PM

There is an app and website called justwatch.com/au
And you can find what’s on any of the current streaming and what’s been recently added to the services.

Raineyes - Unfortunately it hasn’t been added yet. I suspect that once the tied up programs contract ends in the Us there will be more. (I’m sure there will be more but currently the top of my list is for more seasons of agents of shield and am hoping for Once Upon a time)

#29 JayPeePee

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:15 PM

I'll look at getting it when the Marvel series come out: Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki. Released 2020/2021

#30 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

View Post#YKG, on 23 November 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

UK gets it by end of month will gradual roll out to more regions.
Nope the Uk doesn't get it until next year. A lot of people complaining about Star Wars theorists talking about the Mandalorian spoilers online and UK people getting really upset. There is currently a UK channel with rights and is going to be rebadged as Disney + but cannot yet.

Some content here is different for example Season 30 of the Simpsons isn't on as another channel has rights to air it first here in Australia.

#31 Riotproof

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

There is season 30 of the Simpsons?

#32 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostWeavile, on 23 November 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

I actually quite underwhelmed with it. The Mandolorian seems great, but I am not seeing much else of value to us. The Pixar stuff we've seen 100 times before, same with Marvel. The National Geo selection seems pretty small. It still feels like a half service.

Does anyone know if the content is the same globally, or is it like Netflix where we miss out on a lot of content due to local licensing?

Yeah I thought the Nat geographic stuff was light on. And I think we are missing Hulu? Due to local licensing.

It’s pretty much what I expected though.

The new reality is that we will have to pay for several different services as everyone releases their own streaming services, with less content per service.

#33 Bigbaubles

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

Cancelled stan and prime as other than RuPauls drag race on stan we weren't really watching much!

My daughter loves the lion guard so that sorta sealed the deal. Unfortunately it doens't have the new season! She doesn't watch much tv in general though.

I was keen on the national geographic stuff and hubby was keen on the star wars stuff, so we signed up for the year.

Now we are down to just netflix and disney+

#34 steppy

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:16 PM

View PostKiwi Bicycle, on 21 November 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

We dropped Stan 2 years ago ( before Disney) as we found there was nothing getting loaded on the kids and family movie stuff. My only hope is they make the effort now they don't have Disney to keep adding new content and not just adult content.
As an aside I am really enjoying watching His Dark Materials on Foxtel Go. Based on the Philip Pullman books, it's sooo much better than the disappointing, religion toned down movie The Golden Compass with Nicole Kidman. I am even forgiving they have changed Lyra and Mrs Coulter's hair to brown instead of amber blonde.

Loving the Golden Compass too, except for Lyra. She's just not as good as the one in the movie. But overall it's been great.

#35 hills mum bec

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

DS has given us an early Christmas present and bought the family a years subscription.  DD8 & DD15 are ecstatic, they both love Disney anything.  DH & DS both love the Star Wars & Marvel stuff.  I’ve found there’s not really much that interests me.

#36 carls888

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

Edited by carls888, 24 November 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#37 Lunagirl

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

I read an article that said that Australia has more content than the US to start with, because they're waiting for some US content deals to expire that don't exist in Australia.

Because they own the content, it shouldn't disappear once it's on there as you get with other channels when deals expire. There's not much new stuff on there, though if you're a Star Wars fan the having The Mandalorian probably makes up for that. The advantage is being able to access Disney's back catalogue without having to stuff around with DVDs.

It doesn't have Season 30 of the Simpsons, only 1-29 at the moment.

#38 JomoMum

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

Is anyone finding it very glitchy?

For example, if you start a movie then go back a few hours later, you can’t find it anywhere to continue watching? There seems to be no “Continue watching” section. Then if we manually search, there is the option to click “resume”, which doesn’t work and takes you to the beginning again ..

We may also need to upgrade our dongle thing on the TV because the buffering and patchy screen is pretty crappy ..

I’m glad we only signed up for month to month at this stage, but the content is awesome.

#39 hills mum bec

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

We are watching through the x-box and haven’t had any problems.  We have saved stuff to a “watch list” so it can be found easily.

#40 purpleblaze

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:17 PM

I also couldn’t find a “resume watching” or “history” section so that we could easily access previously watched programs. It’s actually quite annoying. I have to manually search for the same movie for DS each time.

#41 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

DS is loving it, he's obsessed with Winnie the Pooh atm!

DH and DSD are liking star wars.

I'm planning on watching Noelle and also Mary Poppins.

#42 Wolf87

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

JomoMum, on 24 November 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

For example, if you start a movie then go back a few hours later, you can’t find it anywhere to continue watching? There seems to be no “Continue watching” section. Then if we manually search, there is the option to click “resume”, which doesn’t work and takes you to the beginning again ..

We may also need to upgrade our dongle thing on the TV because the buffering and patchy screen is pretty crappy ..

I’m glad we only signed up for month to month at this stage, but the content is awesome.

I have found it buffers quite a lot, which I also get with Foxtel Now, but not with Netflix? Might be an internet issue on my part?

#43 Ellie bean

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:31 PM

^^Ours hasn’t been buffering or glitchy at all, it’s been fine

#44 JomoMum

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:32 AM

Wolf87, on 24 November 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

I have found it buffers quite a lot, which I also get with Foxtel Now, but not with Netflix? Might be an internet issue on my part?

Yep - as I thought above, may be to do with the chrome cast dongle that’s plugged in. DH said he could replace it, though it’s only about 12 months old. We never had buffering with Fox though .. hmm.

We can create a watch list that’s no issues. But finding a half watched movie is impossible!

#45 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

JomoMum, on 24 November 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yeah, where is the “previously watched” and “resume”? Sometimes it’s there but mostly not. And it also forced DH to reset his password for no apparent reason. The kids are getting particularly frustrated when they can’t find what they were watching.

We are watching via the LG TV app.

Hopefully an update soon will sort it all out.

#46 JomoMum

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

~LemonMyrtle~, on 25 November 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Yeah, where is the “previously watched” and “resume”? Sometimes it’s there but mostly not. And it also forced DH to reset his password for no apparent reason. The kids are getting particularly frustrated when they can’t find what they were watching.

We are watching via the LG TV app.

Hopefully an update soon will sort it all out.

Yeah .. I assume all part of the rollout process, there are bound to be issues. But then again, this is Disney, so should there be? Lol

#47 two_ones

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

DS1 is obsessed with Tron Legacy, so i put on the original 1982 version. I thought he might have been underwhelmed with the 80s special effects (as high tech as they were for the time!) but he loved it!

I watched Free Solo last night too which was good.

Am finding ours quite glitchy with the buffering too. Like the vision freezes but the audio continues for several seconds before it both reset back to where it froze.

#48 *Ker*

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

JomoMum, on 25 November 2019 - 05:32 AM, said:

Yep - as I thought above, may be to do with the chrome cast dongle that’s plugged in. DH said he could replace it, though it’s only about 12 months old. We never had buffering with Fox though .. hmm.

I have an almost 2 year old Chromecast and no buffering on Disney +

#49 MooGuru

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

Yep lots of buffering here. Needed to close and open it at least half a dozen times the two times we've watched it. It lasted about 10 minutes each time then no more issues each time.

There's not as much stuff as I'd expected from a very quick scroll

#50 #YKG

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

I haven’t had any issues, I watch it on my iPad at the gym which is mostly internet coverage blackhole and has been fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.