rick astley

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 marple

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

my boys know me so well. birthday present at lunch.
envelope  1 a printed pic of rick astley , envelope 2 a printed pic of aha .  answer i had to get was  tickets to their concert in feb. both of them! im taking my best friend , we have known each other since we were 5! and we are now months short of 50! Super excited for the concert
DH is kindly on kiddy  minding duties.

i often think my life is sh*t but things like this make me realise i am luckier than i feel sometimes.

edit this is from my 3 oldest sons  - 25, 21 and 18  and i am quietly in awe of what wonderful children i have accidentally raised! i would not have thought to do that for my own mother and she is so much nicer than me!
there is no way i would have thought to  buy the tickets for a musician from when she was young , let alone printing the pictures

edit 2 - i just remembered i gave my mum tickets to neil diamond about 25 years ago . no printed pics but phew im not as lousy a daughter as i had myself pegged,

OT - i love neil diamond - i blame my mother. :yes:

Edited by marple, 21 November 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#2 HolierThanCow

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

Morten is as amazing now as he was in 1984. Enjoy!

#3 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

a ha! your kids rick rolled you for your birthday! that’s pretty cool....they’ll be great concerts....happy birthday!

(my DH is 50 in a few weeks....something tells me he probably *wouldn’t* be that happy with a rick astley/aha concert....don’t know what to get him...)

#4 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 20 November 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

(my DH is 50 in a few weeks....something tells me he probably *wouldn’t* be that happy with a rick astley/aha concert....don’t know what to get him...)

I would so buy that for DH and present it with..... "for your birthday, I am giving you a night off.  I got ME Rick Astley / Aha tickets and the good news is that YOU don't have to come with me!  Happy Birthday!

I'm sure he would love it!  LOL

#5 marple

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostLucrezia Borgia, on 20 November 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

a ha! your kids rick rolled you for your birthday! that’s pretty cool....they’ll be great concerts....happy birthday!

i noticed the aha even if noone else did.

#6 marple

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

so the concert is in  feb. i will report back to all you jealous souls that have never seen rick in the flesh!
so annoyed as only 2 years ago i swapped him as my hall pass to Hamish mcdonald .

Turns out he is gay so that was stupid of me.
dang!

#7 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:00 PM

View Postmarple, on 20 November 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

so the concert is in  feb. i will report back to all you jealous souls that have never seen rick in the flesh!
so annoyed as only 2 years ago i swapped him as my hall pass to Hamish mcdonald .

dang!

I'm sure hall passes are able to be updated or transferred, at least annually.

#8 Chchgirl

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

View Postmarple, on 20 November 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

dang!

Hamish is a a beautiful man 😍

#9 WannabeMasterchef

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

That's lovely. Its great to hear a story about adult kids doing something really special for their mum.

#10 daisy007

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:14 PM

That’s lovely, I hope I’m raising my sons to be as beautifully thoughtful as yours. Enjoy your concert!

#11 Chelli

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

I would love to see Aha in concert. Enjoy!

#12 JustMyGirl

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

I’m seeing them too but the main attraction for me is a-ha. I still remember the night they played Melbourne last time and how devastated my 15-yr old self was that I couldn’t go. Time to make up for lost time!

#13 marple

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostChchgirl, on 20 November 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Hamish is a a beautiful man

isnt he what!!!!

View PostChchgirl, on 20 November 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Hamish is a a beautiful man

isnt he what !!

posting gone weird

#14 HolierThanCow

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostChelli, on 20 November 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

I would love to see Aha in concert. Enjoy!

From 2017 (if you're not one of the 29 million people who have viewed it so far!)

https://www.youtube....h?v=-xKM3mGt2pE

#15 Chelli

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostHolierThanCow, on 21 November 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

From 2017 (if you're not one of the 29 million people who have viewed it so far!)

Oh wow! Thank you, I had not seen that before, and just hung on every word. Morten is just as gorgeous as ever too!

#16 katei

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:12 AM

I'm contemplating buying tickets for my 16 year old DS for Xmas. I would have to accompany him of course! He has such a varied taste in music and likes both Rick and Aha. Do you think a 16 year old would be/feel out of place there?

#17 marple

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

View Postkatei, on 26 November 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm contemplating buying tickets for my 16 year old DS for Xmas. I would have to accompany him of course! He has such a varied taste in music and likes both Rick and Aha. Do you think a 16 year old would be/feel out of place there?

i think if he is fine with middle aged women squealing he should be ok . you so should go together. :yes:

#18 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

I took my mum to an Eagles concert. i was in my late 20's at the time & I was certainly not the youngest person in the room.

(Edited because i cant type today).

Edited by PrincessPeach, 27 November 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#19 Treasure Island

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

I took my mum to an Eagles concert. i was in my late 20's at the time & I was certainly not the youngest person in the room.

My brother and I went to Hell Freezes over we were about 19 and 22. Maybe a year older.

#20 eponee

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

View PostHolierThanCow, on 21 November 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Morten has aged VERY well

#21 katei

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the support. I, of course, would have to accompany him. Tonight driving home he played songs from Neil Diamond, My Chemical Romance, Oasis and Michael Buble so his music tastes are very varied!

#22 threeinnyc

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:01 AM

That's so sweet, enjoy the concert!

#23 Chchgirl

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostPrincessPeach, on 27 November 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

(Edited because i cant type today).

I'd not be surprised, my 21 & 18 year old dd's love The Eagles and 18 year old loves Don Henley..

#24 **Xena**

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

That's so lovely :wub:

Given both Take On Me and Never Gonna Give You Up  became popular meme songs that got kids listening to them I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few teens there as well :)

Edited by **Xena**, 04 December 2019 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.