Anyone had a chemical pregnancy before? When do you start to bleed?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lovemybubba!

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Just wondering at what point your bleeding started with a chemical pregnancy?

I had three days of BFPs that started fading and this morning’s very concentrated FMU came back with almost invisible BFP.

Would be great to hear other people’s experiences so I know what to expect.

#2 LZTM

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

I had one chemical when trying for my DS - faint positive at 12DPO, nothing at 13DPO and then AF started 2 days later. Sending love x

#3 STLJRB

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

I had one almost 9 weeks ago. I had a fairly obvious positive line on 12 dpo. It got a little bit stronger, but not quite as dark as control and then stayed the same until about 16dpo. It gradually got lighter. At 21dpo the line was only barely there. I started bleeding the next day at 5 weeks. Unfortunately for me, it also made my next cycle quite whacky. Not sure if I ovulated and my cycle was almost six weeks long. Seems to be back to normal this cycle though. Sorry you are going through this.

#4 chicken_bits

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:09 PM

Hi lovemybubba. I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

With my first CP I didn't know that I was going to miscarry. It was my second pregnancy and I had no issues with my first so I just took one test and thought I was pregnant. I started bleeding a 6 weeks and lost the pregnancy.

My second CP was the following month. I did a betaHCG with that one and the numbers didn't double. I went for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and they couldn't see anything and told me that I probably just had my dates wrong. I knew that wasn't the case and I started bleeding within the next couple of days ( I can't remember exactly).

From what I've read, every body is different. It seems as though I've been quite lucky in that my body has known what to do. Some people have needed intervention like a D&C.

#5 afterlaughter

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

About 2 days after the test had gone negative.

#6 eigne

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:23 PM

The evening that the morning’s test was negative.

#7 rosie28

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Two days after the tests went negative. I’m so sorry OP, take care of yourself.

#8 lozoodle

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:32 PM

About a week after my period was due

Sorry to hear, its disappointing when it happens

#9 Froyohoho

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

I've had several and they were all different as to when I started bleeding. Everything crossed that your luck changes soon.

#10 Layla25

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

The same day that the second line was almost non-existent, at what would have been just before 5 weeks. We conceived again the next cycle, although ovulation was delayed and we almost missed it because I thought it had already happened. He’s 8 months old now. I hope you’re doing okay ❤️

#11 alyssatahli

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

At 5 weeks for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.