Lower abdominal tightness in early pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LZTM

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

Hi all,

Tested positive yesterday at 11 DPO / approx. 3w4d so very early days.

Today and the previous 2 days I have felt a real tightness and a slight discomfort in my lower abdomen throughout most of the day. I don’t remember this occurring with my first, or rather certainly not this early on. It isn’t cramping, it’s just a dull constant feeling.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 cvbn

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:25 PM

I remember a very 'heavy feeling' around my pelvic area, when I was early pregnant with my twins.

I requested an ultrasound as I had concerns but I know I had to push to get one (it was 20 years ago)

Can you talk to your GP, OP, are you okay?

#3 Soontobegran

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:55 PM

This sensation is usually quite normal as the increased blood supply to the pelvic organs occurs gives us a fullness feeling.
Also with subsequent pregnancies you often feel things quite differently with Braxton Hicks contraction sometimes being very present in the first trimester.

Good luck...hope all goes well.

#4 LZTM

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

Hi both!

Thank you for your responses.

I’m okay, just slightly concerned as it is something new to me and so early on in the pregnancy. I have a GP appointment for first bloods on Friday so will mention this then also.

@cvbn I wonder if it could be a twin thing? I was surprised at how dark the positive was on the FRER at 11DPO and then today another clear line on an IC.

#5 cvbn

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

I had an extremely early preg test result with mine but have since been told it was purely a coincidence, so, who knows? :yes:

Good luck, I loved my warm heat bag (not too hot)

#6 Jelly11

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:34 AM

With my DD the one symptom that told me I was pregnant was a sort of tightness in my lower abdomen. Any other symptoms (sore boobs, cramps etc) could also be a pms  symptom. The tightness is what made me test earlier than planned and see my bfp.

#7 LZTM

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:22 AM

Thankful for EB archives! I went back to my due in group from my DS (5 years ago now!) and I actually described feeling exactly the same as I am now then. I suppose I just forgot! Relieved :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.