Transport to Sydney Airport - recommendations

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lifesgood

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

Has anyone used a decent private transport operator to Sydney Airport recently that they would recommend?

I will need a large vehicle to take the four of us and 6 bags + 4 cabin bags. I just want a reliable and safe option, not overly worried about the cost.

PS. Please don't suggest the train! That won't be happening.

#2 lizzzard

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

I use Omni Cars and haven’t had any issues

#3 Bella Laird

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

I've used Booking.com for airport transfers once I've arrived overseas (travelling alone, it's cheaper for me to get a taxi to Sydney Airport than use an airport shuttle service).

A people carrier (which would be enough for your luggage) could cost around $110, but could depend on your location.

#4 MrsK79

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

Pic you’re in the west, I recommend https://www.hoangdoexpress.com.au/

#5 -Emissary-

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

HoangDo - used them many times for return trips. They’re dealt reliable.

#6 got my tinsel on

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

OP, what area of Sydney are you in?

#7 Lifesgood

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:09 PM

Edited by Lifesgood, 01 December 2019 - 02:23 PM.

#8 QuirkyMum

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

If your are going away for a short time ( less than say a month), I'd see how much Sydney airport parking would be ( you need to book online too get a decent rate), provided your car can fit everyone in + bags.

#9 dadwasathome

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Maxi taxi from silver service?

Or Uber xl?

Edited by dadwasathome, 01 December 2019 - 12:39 PM.

#10 Lifesgood

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:24 PM

Not going away for a short time otherwise yes, we would drive ourselves

#11 IamOzgirl

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

Life’s good I will pm you.

#12 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

I'd just use Uber X. People go to the airport with lots of luggage every day, it's really not a big deal.

#13 JBH

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

We’ve used Uber and booked an Uber XL. These are larger vehicles.

#14 Coffeegirl

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:09 PM

LG - we’re in the Shire and just booked a van to the airport as we have 4 adults.  We’ll have 4 large hard side cases plus carry on and I know we won’t fit in most Uber XLs or even a station wagon taxi

Using Shire Connect.  He’s quoted us $130 one way so it’s not a cheap option

#15 polythene

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:18 AM

We use Town Cars when we have heaps of stuff. I'm assuming it's because you will have ski luggage. ;)   They either provide a van or a car with trailer.  We also get them to meet us when we arrive home. They have been very reliable.

https://towncarsaust...uise-transfers/

#16 lozoodle

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:45 AM

If you're going domestic i'd just drive and park at blue emu.

Otherwise I do get the train (sorry but its quickest and easiest! haha)

#17 seayork2002

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:12 AM

View Postlozoodle, on 02 December 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I have to fully admit to this, we can always get a lift to the airport but I kindly say no thank you - the traffic is horrible and although we have to go bus-train-train I still prefer it to driving

BUT op some people I know drive to Mascot and surrounding areas and get a normal taxi or 2 (or take the train from there)

I know some people who walk from the surrounding areas but these are non-children group/single/couple people

#18 PineappleLump

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

We have used ladiesrunningerrands a few times, who are reliable and have a range of vehicles.

#19 IamOzgirl

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, nah.

If lifeblood has ski gear ir not. I don't care who calls me a princess. Lift all the way!

Thankfully my driver gives me taxi rates. But I basically build the transfer costs into the costs for the holiday!

And God the couple of times I tried the train it had track work!

#20 Lifesgood

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

Yeah there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of us getting the train. It would take us half the day plus the enjoyment of managing 6 large bags (yes including ski gear), 4 cabin bags and two absent-minded children.

#21 IamOzgirl

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

I did LOL at the lifeblood auto correct!

#22 Lifesgood

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 03 December 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

I did LOL at the lifeblood auto correct!
new username for me!

#23 NeedSleepNow

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

If you’re comfortable driving, it may be a cheaper option! We just booked a month for $282 at the international terminal parking station. When I compared it with private transfers for 5 people, they typically came it at approximately $400-450 return!!!

#24 Lifesgood

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Thanks all, I've booked a transfer now.

We will be away for almost 2 months so it isn't cheaper to drive and park. That is what we usually do because it is the cheapest and most reliable option, but not this time.

#25 Coffeegirl

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:40 PM

If only the train were that easy for all of us!

For us to get the train from our house we would have walk 10 minutes up a number of steep hills to the bus stop.   Then bus to train, and change trains twice before airport.

Trip planner says shortest trip is an hour & 30 minutes.    

Cab straight there is 20 on a good day, 45 with heavy traffic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.