Gift ideas for 14/15 year olds

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 carls888

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

DD loves anything for Aesop (creams, hair, body and face stuff)
Sienna Byron Bay nail polish
Books
Magazine subscription
movie vouchers
Friends gave their nice a wallet/purse once with small vouchers to local cafes, movies, mcdonalds etc. She loved it.
Cold hard cash (as DD has asked for before...LOL)

#27 littlepickle

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Carls88 I just bought some of the Sienna Byron Bay nail polish for DD (17) for Christmas.

Whilst teenagers may want cash for Christmas relatives shouldn’t be expected to give it. On DH side of the family the kids are all late teens/ early 20’s and a small token gift for Christmas should be considered adequate.
DH’s parents have requested that I purchase appropriate gifts for my kids from them to ensure that they will be liked.

At what age do you stop buying Christmas gifts for adult niece and nephews?

#28 lucky 2

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:20 PM

I stop at 18 as that was the age they joined the kk.

#29 UndergroundKelpie

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

I love buying teens gifts. I usually ask around and find out their interests and buy to that. It's not difficult and most teens aren't savvy enough to lock down their social media accounts yet.

A good gift if you can't find out their interests  other ways is a few tickets (for themselves and a a few friends) to their local pool and some sunscreen.

#30 ilovethebeach

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

Following, how hard is it to buy for them! :)

#31 **Xena**

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

View Postlucky 2, on 06 December 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

I stop at 18 as that was the age they joined the kk.

I read that as KKK :omg:

#32 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:30 AM

So did I!

#33 onetrick

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:41 AM

I like giving cash in quirky ways (pinterest have lots of ideas). My brother always asked for cash, but it seemed so impersonal that i decided to try to find creative ways to do it that didnt look like I had simply put $50 in a card the night before (nothing wrong with that at all, though!!).
Lots of small denominations (i used coins as well cause it was fun!) in water balloons was really fun (i was given the water balloons, so this was a way of using them and not littering- still so wasteful though...). I put them all in a box and wrapped them up.
I've also made an oragami star (in your case 5x $5 notes would be perfect) in a cheap but nice photo frame to present it (and keep the shape!). Probably a little bit feminine, but it was still appreciated.
I now give mostly cash/ vouchers to my brother still, but with a small (usually practical/ consumable) present.
Oh! And there are vouchers for multiple places that have gone down well in our family- I've given DH the 'for kids'one as it's got dynocks, rebel, JB and toyworld!

#34 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:58 AM

so did i xena!

where are Pp’s getting the Sienna nail polish from? my niece would love that - (i did google..i can see i can order it online, i just have so many orders to come i’m getting nervous...i wouldn’t mind a bricks and mortar shop...)

the LED lights are a good idea.

does anyone’s kid or partner (or themselves) have a gopro - and if so, what accessories are good? ds got a gopro hero 8 Black for his birthday - he wants to wear it skiing so we have a helmet mount for him - does anyone have any suggestions for other accessories?

#35 LadyGreyTea

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Cash or a gift card

Cash or a gift card

#36 Chapvane

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

The LED lights for bedrooms for this age range is a great idea.
I have 2 boys in this age range & I bought Xmas LEd lights for their bedrooms this year. They love them and have asked for more LED lights for their bedrooms.
This is a hard age range to buy without knowing their interests.
I would do the LED lights and a Sports water bottle full of chocolates. So love the water bottle with choclates in idea also. You can never have to many water bottles!!
My boys have very different interests to each other but would really like these gifts.

#37 PatG

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions (esp those that did not include vouchers!). At this stage I am thinking movie tickets - two per teen so they can take a friend.

#38 JBH

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Post**Xena**, on 06 December 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

And in that case, I would definitely stop buying for them!

In my generation, my parent stopped buying for cousins at 21 - a great present for the 21st birthday and then no more. My eldest niece is 17 and she is one of my favourite people to buy for. She has a really limited budget and I love choosing something for her that I know she can’t afford and either I choose well or she has a career as an actress ahead of her (and in either case I love that I either make her happy or she cares enough to pretend).

#39 lucky 2

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

View Post**Xena**, on 06 December 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Oh god no, sorry to alarm you!

When I wrote I did feel slight alarm but reassured myself (wrongly) that it would be ok.

#40 iwanttosleepin

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:36 AM

My teenager likes cash.  but he also likes clothes/socks.  he likes vans socks.

another thing he really likes it T2 stuff...

#41 **Xena**

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

View Postlucky 2, on 08 December 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

Oh god no, sorry to alarm you!

When I wrote I did feel slight alarm but reassured myself (wrongly) that it would be ok.

To be fair I'd stop buying presents for them if they joined the KKK too :lol:

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.