Sunday Fluff - what 'acclaimed' movie did you think was absolute rubbish?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 FearsomeFeralFreak

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

This post was bought about as last night I finally got around to watching 'Wolf of Wall Street'.

Its a long time since I've seen anything that bad.

I managed to get maybe 2/3, possibly 3/4, through before I turned it off.

It was just one very, very long and boring attempt to be shocking and outrageous (yawn). Largely plotless with a variety of "lets-tick-that-sexual-exploit-off-our-list' scenes (oh titter!), copious and totally unbelievable levels of drug taking (oh how shocking) and some juvenile attempt to break the world record of use of the word 'f**k'.

Anything that tries to be this outrageous just comes across as really really lame. Frankly I don't get the accolades. It just seemed so...juvenile and try hard.

What movie have you seen that people loved but you thought was crap?

Edited by FearsomeFeralFreak, 01 December 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#2 2bundles

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:00 PM

#3 luke's mummu

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

Pulp fiction. When I was in my 20’s I went to a church camp based around this movie for the entire weekend. I have no idea why. As far as I can tell, the movie had nothing to do with faith or religion

Edited by luke's mummu, 01 December 2019 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Squeekums The Elf

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Titanic

View Postluke, on 01 December 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

Pulp fiction. When I was in my 20’s I went to a church camp based around this movie for the entire weekend. I have no idea why. As far as I can tell, the movie had nothing to do with faith or religion

LMAO yeah no religion or faith in that one
heroin overdose, it's got that

#5 Bono25

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

That one with Christian bale as an astronaut, and the Sandra bollock one. Both were crap

#6 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:21 PM

The wolf on Wall Street is a true story....

Mine are Love Actually and Beaches!

#7 Dianalynch

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

The English Patient - hated the book, hated the movie

#8 BadCat

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Forest Gump.  What an absolute load of tripe.

#9 FearsomeFeralFreak

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

View Post~J_F~, on 01 December 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

The wolf on Wall Street is a true story....

Yes, I know its a 'true story". You don't think the cretin who lived this life didn't exaggerate just a tad for book sales?

Someone proven to be totally untrustworthy and dishonest writes a book about his life....

#10 red_squirrel

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

The Irishman - new on Netflix

I had high hopes for it but it was really bad. Come to think of it I think nearly all Netflix films are bad.

#11 jovana

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:46 PM

2001: A space odyssey

#12 mumbag

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

A Clockwork Orange ... about 25 years ago.

I went with high expectations and was so annoyed by it that I punched my boyfriend during intermission for taking me!

Probably should watch it again and see if it's better with mature eyes.

#13 kimasa

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:55 PM

Titanic is easily one of the most boring movies ever.

#14 VigilantePaladin

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Titanic
The English patient
Aquaman....but I love other Jason Mamoa stuff

#15 Gudrun

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:24 PM

Moulin Rouge
Rosemary's Baby
2001 A Space Odyssey
The Poseidon Adventure
Aguirre the Wrath of God
The Lion King

Edited by Gudrun, 01 December 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#16 SeaPrincess

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostVigilantePaladin, on 01 December 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Aquaman....but I love other Jason Mamoa stuff
I saw Aquaman the day after seeing The Kid Who Would be King. Basically the same story, except one was underwater.

Any re-make.

Edited by SeaPrincess, 01 December 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#17 highvoltage

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:28 PM

Gladiator - actually walked out.

#18 FearsomeFeralFreak

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Anything with Kevin Costner.

#19 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:33 PM

I watched Aquaman on the plane recently. It was so SO bad that I was looking around for someone to say OMG to. What an absolute shocker.

DH and I saw The English Patient many years ago, and when we walked out, DH said 'what was the point of that?'. lololol

#20 Bono25

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:33 PM

Or Tom cruise

#21 notsoretro

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:34 PM

Another who hated Beaches but then I do tend to not like the movies that are super hyped (eg Forrest Gump - lame). This is the reason I have never seen Titanic, though I may end up watching it over the Christmas break

#22 Squeekums The Elf

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

View Postmumbag, on 01 December 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

A Clockwork Orange ... about 25 years ago.

Hate that one, despise it

I should ad basically every Rom com and soppy romance movie. Same boring as bat st!t storylines same cookie cutter actors, damsel in distress bs

#23 No Drama Please

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostDianalynch, on 01 December 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

The English Patient - hated the book, hated the movie
Haha reminds me of seinfield, where Elaine hates it and everyone gets p*ssed off with her because
it’s the most amazing movie ever (I hated it as well).

#24 PrincessPeach

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

The Princess Bride

Pretty in Pink

The breakfast club

#25 HolierThanCow

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

Breakfast at Tiffany's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.