Sunday Fluff - what 'acclaimed' movie did you think was absolute rubbish?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#126 Hollycoddle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

Another vote for The Princess Bride.  Totally don't get the love.  It seems to me it's one of those movies you pretend to like because it's cool these days to do so and your sense of humour and irony is soooo much better than everyone else's.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 03 December 2019 - 02:54 PM.

#127 Hollycoddle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

**Xena**, on 03 December 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I only like the original trilogy. The prequels have too many plot holes and ridiculous characters for me. I haven't even bothered with the latest ones. I'm also aware that part of the reason I love them is nostalgia and how amazing the effects are for a time they didn't have special effects.

I agree.  With a lot of new movies the special effects are so advanced as to make it even more unrealistic.  They should have stuck to the old-fashioned robotics in some cases.

Edited by Mollycoddle, 03 December 2019 - 02:44 PM.

#128 dadwasathome

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Mollycoddle, on 03 December 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Another vote for The Princess Bride.  Totally don't get the love.  It seems to me it's one of those movies you pretend to like because it's cool to do so and your sense of humour and irony is soooo much better than everyone else's.

It's a movie that improves with repetition and you tend to gloss over the bits that don't work. I find that most Rob Reiner movies have chunks of brilliance but also big chunks that fall flat.

I must admit I haven't seen most of the movies people are listing.

#129 night jasmine

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

I don’t enjoy the fantasy genre so Star Wars and Harry Potter I find really boring.

Otherwise, I’m easy to please and have actually enjoyed most movies mentioned.

#130 ELF_em_bee

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Eyes Wide Shut
AI
A clockwork orange
(Pretty much anything by Stanley Kubrick.  People say he was a genius but I don’t get it.  I found every one of his movies waaay to long, jumping around stories .... boring as sh*t).

In the same category I put Mulholland Drive (I fell asleep during this and the only thing I vaguely remember is Naomi Watts’ character having a w**k and then crying because she couldn’t “complete” and I have no idea how that fits in the story).

Gangs of New York was appalling- just an excuse to make a movie about a fight with machetes and axes in the snow!

#131 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:00 PM

ok so i’m watching commercial television for the first time in like, forever....it’s Meet the Fockers (shaddap there’s nothing else on) *anyway* an ad came on for the new Cats movie and - can i get in first? before it’s even shown? really really bad....

#132 Froyohoho

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:09 PM

71Cath, on 03 December 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Yes!  I have been told I am the only person in the world who doesn't like Wicked.  I knew I couldn't be the only one!!

#happydance
I never saw it as the excessively screechy singing is enough to set my teeth on edge.

#133 Ellie bean

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

Lucrezia Borgia, on 03 December 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

ok so i’m watching commercial television for the first time in like, forever....it’s Meet the Fockers (shaddap there’s nothing else on) *anyway* an ad came on for the new Cats movie and - can i get in first? before it’s even shown? really really bad....
Looks terrible but I’m totally going to see it. I love a good bad movie.

#134 **Tiger*Filly**

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:52 PM

Yeah Cats looks so bad it'll be good.

#135 archyandmehitabel

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:40 PM

Toy Story. I dislike most animated movies.

Quite like the Marvel movies, but the special effects get unintelligible. Didn't like End Game

I'm no Tom Cruise fan, but he ws brilliant in Born on the Fourth of July

#136 Ellie bean

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:41 PM

Every action movie ever made is on my “dislike” list!

#137 Holidayromp

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:21 AM

Wall Street - walked out of the movie.  Didn’t last 30 minutes.

#138 steppy

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:14 AM

UndergroundKelpie, on 03 December 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Stand By Me

Worst Stephen king movie adaption yet!

I'm going to assume you haven't seen every Stephen King adaptation yet. LOL

But anyway, I wouldn't have agreed with you a while ago but I watched this again recently and yeah, there were parts where I cringed.

#139 **Xena**

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

steppy, on 04 December 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm going to assume you haven't seen every Stephen King adaptation yet. LOL

But anyway, I wouldn't have agreed with you a while ago but I watched this again recently and yeah, there were parts where I cringed.

It's not really a movie but I think my least favourite adaption is Rose Red. Yikes was that bad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.