Sunday Fluff - what 'acclaimed' movie did you think was absolute rubbish?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#51 Chocolate Addict

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:49 PM

A star is born (gaga version). I lasted about 20 minutes.
Crazy Rich Asians - boring and predictable.

#52 Ozquoll

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

On TV right now - Caddyshack. It has not aged well 😒

#53 little lion

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

Wolverine. Groan!

#54 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

Fargo.
So violent

#55 BadCat

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostWaitForMe, on 01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Pretty much anything Woody Allen, even before I knew about the incest.

A Woody Allen movie is the only movie I've ever walked out of a cinema mid-movie for.  Don't even remember what it was but what load of self indulgent neurotic clap trap it was.

I'll add Sophie's Choice to the list.  So much hype and acclaim, so much "who cares".

#56 Froyohoho

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

View PostBadCat, on 01 December 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Forest Gump.  What an absolute load of tripe.
This. Awful film.

#57 BBC

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

Australia

I have never made it through any of the Godfather movies.

Rocky (parts 1 to 26)

#58 Chelli

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Dreamgirls. Worst move ever.

#59 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

Forest Gump

#60 spr_maiden

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

Yup yup A Clockwork Orange. 2001.
Lolita. Pretty much anything Stanley Kubrick. Blergh.

LOTR.

Yes, I didn't last watching La La Land.  Disappointed.

Bridget Jones' Diary.  I saw it in the cinema and lasted as long as my snacks did.

#61 lost_eb-er!

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

Zoolander

#62 #YKG

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

La la land. Terrible movie

#63 andyk

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 01 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

I've never seen the Notebook and don't intend to..

I have never seen the Piano or Titanic and am never going to watch Titanic no matter how many times people tell me I should.

I don't do romance.

I could have written this post word for word! 😂

#64 Abcde-La-A

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

Titanic
Gravity
Lord of the Rings

#65 Jak80

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:49 PM

The Greatest Showman....

#66 Freddie'sMum

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:58 PM

Dirty Dancing - when it was released and it was the hottest thing ever, a girl I knew had seen it about 11 times and was horrified that I didn't like it.  At all.

Ever trying watching LOTR when pregnant?  I did.  Every time I thought the movie was ending - on and on and on it went.  At one point I whispered to DH "for God's sake - someone take the bloody camera away from Peter Jackson" rather loudly.

A pregnant woman who needed to eat every 30 minutes to stop me from throwing up vs a LOTR movie?  Madness.  Utter madness.

Anything with Kevin Costner, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray etc etc etc - they can all go jump.  Talentless gits who should be tied up and never let near a movie studio for as long as they live.

#67 rosie28

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

Lord of the Rings. I hated the books and I hated the movies but sat through them because my now husband then boyfriend really wanted to go. I’m glad I’ve matured in the relationship enough to tell him to sod off to movies I have no interest in by himself. They were all bloody never ending. I could have read the books in the time I was in the cinema.

Clockwork Orange- this movie taught me that I was not, in fact, a film student. I dropped the class the next semester.

The Castle- people love it, I don’t even crack a smile. It is categorically not the vibe.

Australia. What were they thinking?

Pulp Fiction.

Anything with Jack Nicholson.

#68 Sancti-claws

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

The Bridges of Madison County.

Someone gave it to my (at the time) 14yo daughter because it had horses in, and she loves horses.

Do you KNOW what happens in the first 10 minutes of the "horse" movie?

And after that, it went downhill.

Have never watched it past 20 minutes.

I think we donated it to landfill rather than traumatise anyone else.

#69 casime

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

I forgot Australia.  Bloody awful.  

I don't actually mind LOTR.  But I never saw them at the cinemas and only ever seen them on TV.  I don't mind watching them occasionally.  I usually watch TV whilst cooking or working in the kitchen, so they are fine as background noise.

Will definitely second (third, fourth, fifth?) Pulp Fiction.  I still haven't sat through the whole movie.

Anything with Adam Sandler or Mike Myers I would never watch.  

The Greatest Showman....

The movie was awful and glossed over a lot of history.  I don't think I'd watch the movie again, but I do love the music.

I also agree with the Castle.  I put it in the same category as Kath and Kim.  Cringe.

#70 Sugarplum Poobah

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

I absolutely loathe Muriel's Wedding

#71 Chchgirl

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

View Postandyk, on 01 December 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

I could have written this post word for word! 😂

😂😂

I'm not a Dirty Dancing fan either. Both my daughter's love it.

I've not liked it since it was released. I don't get the Patrick Swayze live but then my taste is questionable 😂

#72 kimasa

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:06 AM

The Greatest Showman was shocking in the sense that at this period of time where people are becoming more aware of the struggles of others they made a movie that made PT Barnum look like a decent person and people actually liked it. What decade are we in?

I can only hope that by the end of the 20s at least everyone involved in that movie is embarrassed about their choice to he involved.

#73 night jasmine

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

Anything by Baz Luhrmann with the exception of Romeo and Juliet.

Definitely The English Patient. Fell asleep.

#74 Baroness Bubbles

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:31 AM

Forest Gump

Black Swan

Thelma and Louise

#75 Crombek

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:34 AM

Most movies actually nowadays. I just can’t seem to find anything I want to watch. But I love a good series, so it’s not that I don’t like tv, I just don’t seem to like the movie format anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.