Dry retching and Morning Sickness at 16 weeks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shopgirl84

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins.
At home I am constantly dry retching and its something in the house turning my tummy upside down and I can't figure out what it is.
Any ideas on what I can place inside my house sense wise to help? I had glad plug ins and they made it worse... strong smells trigger it. I definately have something here turning me upside down and I can't figure it out. I've mopped, dysoned the house 50 times over in a week... I just don't get it.
I do not have this issue at work.

I am also on Ondesteron and struggling with all day morning sickness.... just severe nausea and no vomiting. It's starting to impact my whole day and how I am living life. I literally only have enough energy to make it to work and back. I currently can not stomach meat... I am wondering if I might be dificient in something causing the sickness to be worse.
I have seasick bands on and I also drink Ginger Tea and also have Ginger Tablets to take the edge off. Is there anything else I am missing....
Will it get better.
Please send help x
From A Desperate Pregnant Woman

#2 Ellie bean

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

I was on ondansetron right through both of my pregnancies (not twins), it helped a lot but I was still pretty sick. I really feel for you, it’s truly horrible. Have you added restavit into the mix, that may help further, you can discuss with your dr. I couldn’t handle any smells. I’m pretty sure there’s a HG (hyperemesis) section on EB with some useful threads. Check out the royal women’s guidelines
https://www.thewomen...ancy_220719.pdf
This can be handy to take to your dr if you feel you need more care/ meds

#3 Jingleflea

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

Clean the drains.

Mine get smelly and I need to put a few kettles of boiling water down them every few months.

Or bi carb and vinegar(with windows open) and then the boiling water.

My sense of smell was SO sensitive when pregnant and it's stayed that way sadly!

#4 Islander

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

Ondanestron made me worse but antihistamines were amazing! I didn’t want the drowsy so my GP recommended polaramine and it worked beautifully.

#5 rosie28

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

Restavit taken at night should help the morning sickness in conjunction with the Zofran. As for your house I’d suggest completely cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the drains and washing machine and having windows open as much as possible.

#6 ckmelb

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

Try unscented tealight candles in the house. It may help to neutralise any smells. I used to use them when I lived in Singapore and it was too hot and humid to open the windows and air the house.

Charcoal also absorbs odours. You can buy these things called "thirsty hippos" to put in shoe cabinets in case that's the smelly thing. They are about $7 from Woolworths etc

In my second trimester I ate a lot of oatmeal, weatbix and Milo if you can stomach those.

Are you going to the toilet regularly? In my third trimester constipation made me nauseous and I would throw up if I hadn't been to the toilet that day. I took Actilax and after a couple of weeks it improved a lot

#7 400

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Vitamin B6 in addition to the restavit. Saved my life and only just stopped taking them regularly (now 36 weeks).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.