Teddy bears picnic?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mum of a miracle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

When your school says they are doing teddy bears picnic would you think it's all years or only the infant years (k-2).
On my son's last newsletter they say  they have a  teddy bears picnic tomorrow but doesn't say what years are involved (while all other end of year activities have what year they are for).

And is this a we have to bring something i don't think my son has ever had one before he is in year 4 but missed a year of school last year so my brain is haywire on things like this.

Thanks.

#2 Riotproof

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

I would ask the year 4 child, but I would assume it’s only kindy.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

If I am not told I would assume all years but would give my son the choice if he was older to participate or not (well of course the choice at any age but as he is older he may think it is not for him)

Generally I would assume younger but not in this case (if it was me that is)

added: our school has year classes but every planning thing is in stages if not for whole school

so in NSW Stage 2 is Years 3-4

confuses the heck out of me but I know in the end

Edited by seayork2002, 03 December 2019 - 03:30 PM.

#4 Mum of a miracle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

He says it's for him but he also has autism so echolia is 90% or his vocabulary (e.g. I ask if his class is doing the teddy bears picnic and he will go off in a buzz and keep saying teddy bears picnic for me so just goes around in circles).
Yes was starting to think kindy but as it didn't indicate what years I'm questioning myself.

#5 Mum of a miracle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

He really wants to do it if he can he is very excited about it so hopefully it is his year though as it's end of year he maybe able to join in he occasionally goes to a younger class (year 3 or in the 2/3 class).

#6 aluminium

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

We do it Prep - 2 at our school.

#7 Riotproof

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostMum of a miracle, on 03 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

He says it's for him but he also has autism so echolia is 90% or his vocabulary (e.g. I ask if his class is doing the teddy bears picnic and he will go off in a buzz and keep saying teddy bears picnic for me so just goes around in circles).
Yes was starting to think kindy but as it didn't indicate what years I'm questioning myself.
Oh I see. Is there any other parent in the class you can ask?

#8 Mum of a miracle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Riotproof  unfortunately not we came in late in the school year and when we pick up my son there are never any parents there I've said hello to a couple but not close enough to ask anything of them.

If they are doing something it's a good thing we live 200m from school so can run home and get whatever we need.

#9 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:24 PM

just ring or email the school. If it's not clear then I'm sure you're not the only person asking.

#10 marple

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

Do you have a class list or class mum ?
Check your emails might be some from the class parent..
Take a teddy and hang around until you know what is going on?
Do you have seesaw? otherwise ring the office first thing

edit as you have checked the newsletter

Edited by marple, 03 December 2019 - 05:29 PM.

#11 Mum of a miracle

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

Maple no we weren't given anything when my son started I don't think our school does parent emails we have dojo but have to get the code again.

When I take my son up tomorrow might ask at the office we live accross the road from the school so it's not far if my son has to bring something.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.