When your child starts high school? (centerlink)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 seayork2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:27 PM

I just got as letter from Centerlink as we stopped DS's OOSH (B/A) because he is finishing up soon, I then thought this is it I don't have to deal with centerlink anymore.

But then I thought do I? I know there is no OOSH/BA in high school but is there any other reason I need to let them know anything? or any other government department (other than the school)

I am thinking not?

#2 lozoodle

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

I wouldn't imagine so if all you are using is CCS. I'm only using it for OOSH and can't wait til i am done with it!

#3 seayork2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

lozoodle, on 04 December 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

I wouldn't imagine so if all you are using is CCS. I'm only using it for OOSH and can't wait til i am done with it!

same - I thought so thanks, I just had flashbacks of the many hours I was in the queue for my mum for my siblings (thankfully for DS it has only ever been for childcare/OOSH online)

#4 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

lozoodle, on 04 December 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Me too!

#5 Mollyksy

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:04 PM

No FTB Seayork? Even claiming at tax time?

#6 Claudia Jean

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

I haven't dealt with centrelink since I stopped using ohsc. Very happy to be done with it!.

#7 seayork2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Mollyksy, on 04 December 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

No FTB Seayork? Even claiming at tax time?

I don't think so

#8 It's Percy

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

I've never dealt with Centrelink. Having lived overseas until a year ago, and not having kids who use BS or OOSH, and knowing we are well over the FTB threshold, I don't see why I need to contact them at all! So I haven't. Registering the kids for Medicare (as they'd never lived here) was enough of a nightmare to put me off having anything to do with that office again!!!

#9 #notallcats

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:22 PM

What about vacation care?

#10 Mollyksy

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

seayork2002, on 04 December 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I don't think so

Well in that case, pop the champagne!! DS is FYOS so it's a ways off for me yet!

#11 seayork2002

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

#notallcats, on 04 December 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the reminder! but he doesn't go. So looking like nothing which is very good

#12 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

#notallcats, on 04 December 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Most vacation care places are not licenced to have kids older then 12. So there are very very few high school aged vacation care places. And even then you need to apply for an exemption for CCS to still be applied. It cut off once they turn 12.

Edited by mayahlb, 05 December 2019 - 11:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.