Double Umbrella Stroller

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LightPink

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

Hi!

Hoping that EB can help me find a double/twin umbrella folding stroller, suitable for a 3yr and 1yr old (so higher than 15kg per seat weight limit), that won’t break the bank! Hoping for under $250. So far all I’m finding is $400+ or within budget but in the US so shipping kills it. 3yr old has no road sense and sprints off (yes we are working on it) so I need to contain both so I can actually get out the house.

Thank you!

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:22 PM

have you looked second hand?  i just sold my old double pram for $150, it was good condition too.  Especially since you wont need it forever, maybe just a year or two. Look on facebook marketplace.

Big W used to have a nifty little double stroller, but i havent seen it in a long time.

#3 PrincessPeach

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

I had an older version of this one

https://www.bubsngru...AiABEgJXpfD_BwE

Worked well for mine at a similar age - my youngest was too heavy for me to carry in a carrier for extended times.

Big w also sold a harness backpack for toddlers - i dont care what anyone says about them, for $19 they saved my runner several times from going under trains/busses/cars & into the river.

#4 Hands Up

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:48 PM

I got all my double strollers (we went through three, kids born 13 months apart and needed different things at different stages) secondhand. I never spent more than $150 for great condition prams, and would sell them on for the same price! Try gumtree or your local FB BSS.

#5 Hands Up

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

Ps my favourite was the mountain buggy duet. Despite retailing for $900 there is one on gumtree right now for $125 (if you live in Sydney) :-)

#6 LightPink

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

I have a big double pram but it’s too bulky and boot space taking now that’s why I was after a stroller rather than a pram.

I’d looked on EBay and Gumtree, nothing local enough, hadn’t thought of Facebook thanks! I’ll have a look now.

Hmm maybe I should look at a backpack too. Not sure how well it will go down with the 3yr old, hard to walk anywhere if have to drag a screaming flopping child lol.

#7 Lallalla

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

When I was looking for a double stroller (Specifically an umbrella one) 2nd hand they were all being snapped up the second they were advertised. I suspect as there are not many reasonably priced and no cheap new ones about.

By all accounts in my multiples group your best bet will be a 2nd hand maclaren, if you can get hold of one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.