Weird large amounts of guests viewing threads....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 purpleduck

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:49 PM

I can't remember who mentioned it but I've just spotted another thread with a stupidly high number of viewers, with 99.9% being "guests".

Did we ever figure out what it was? I know EB has been a bit clunky today. I did speculate it could be flooding due to infected computers (I'm sure there is a technical term for this) but really, have no idea otherwise why it would be happening. :huh:

Edited by purpleduck, 07 December 2019 - 01:05 PM.

#2 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

It’s been clunky for days and days and some of the larger threads are having time out errors coming up (fluffy vents is one of them). I hadn’t reported it because I thought it was my internet but it’s turns out it isn’t.

It’s also been double posting a lot. Like a huge amount more then normal. (I think there are actually two threads for this).

Edited by mayahlb, 07 December 2019 - 12:51 PM.

#3 purpleduck

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

Yeah and SMH site is fine and loading ok, so not a fairfax/nine issue....

ETA - and now the thread I noticed it in has noone viewing it. Again, weird.

Edited by purpleduck, 07 December 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#4 gracie1978

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

I'd noticed that as well
This one currently has 25 guests?

#5 marple

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

It was me with 677 guests viewing the Australian Politics thread. No idea what happened there either.

#6 kimasa

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

It's more likely than not a glitch, especially given that the site in general has been buggy lately.

#7 PrincessPeach

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:12 PM

I've struggled to log in the last few days, i assume others might be having the same issue.

#8 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

maybe the russian bots are onto us...

#9 purplekitty

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

320 guests now looking at Australian politics,the other active threads atm have between 0-5 guests.

#10 Lifesgood

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

I'd hazard a guess it is bots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.