Tate. Yay or nay?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Ellie bean

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Nay.

#27 majirlo

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

Tate sounds a bit preppy to me but I love Nate, either on its own or as a nn for Nathaniel or Nathan.

I like Jesse but it has a very different feel to Theo and I'm not a fan of Sam/Samuel/Samantha.

I instantly thought Ari when you mentioned DS is Theo.

Also like;
Theo & August (Auggie or Gus)
Theo & Xavier
Theo & Jasper
Theo & Seth

#28 Abcde-La-A

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

I’m another who instantly thinks of potato. Sorry!

#29 seayork2002

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

I think of sugar or the galleries, not my choice in names no

#30 Babetty

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

I find it very American in a "frat house boy" kind of way, so no from me!

Love Samuel and Nathan / Nathaniel nn Nate. Jesse I don't particularly like, but I don't have a negative reaction to it, just not my style.

#31 K.heather

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:53 PM

Nay, I prefer Nathaniel.

#32 Ollie83

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

Tate isn’t my personal style but I have nothing against it really other then sounding “American” to me.

Samuel by a country mile, especially with Theo ... swoon.

#33 Bearynice

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:51 PM

Not a fan of Tate. It’s a very different style to Theo

#34 Imaginary friend

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

It's ok.
Reminds me of potato - but that's not a bad thing.

I prefer Nate. Name in its own right,doesn't have to be short for anything.
Also, if possible,  I wouldn't have siblings with same initial. Not a deal breaker but would prefer not.

I like Jesse and Samuel and I think either goes fine with Theo.

#35 Emm27

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:41 PM

A million yes’ from me.

I love this name - I was determined my second would be Tate if it was a boy. DP refused to agree and we were still debating between Nate (our compromise once Tate was off the table) and Jude in the delivery room. Luckily number 2 turned out to be a girl and we never had to settle on a boy’s name.

#36 mpoppins92

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

I’ve taught two Tates and both were little bullies so it’s become a big no name for me!

I really like Samuel. Such an underrated name.

#37 Kreme

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

Don’t like it at all sorry. Not nearly as nice as Theo.

I don’t like Jesse but Samuel is a lovely name. Nathaniel with nn Nate is nice with Theo.

#38 kerilyntaryn

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

I wouldn't have another name starting with t. Is Theo the full name if so Nate would go well or Jesse or Samuel. Nathaniel would be nice too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.