Primary School Graduation Present

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marieb

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

So my DS & DSS are both graduating primary school. They have both had massive challenges throughout their primary school years (DSS mum left him in Year 2 never to return again, my DS found out he had a younger sister as a result of his dads affair whilst married to me etc) Anyway, they have matured into such beautiful young men & I’m so proud of them both. DSS has always been a compliant kid and a good student as a result. DS is a lot more ‘spirited’ and has worked exceptionally hard this year - with everything! Always studying for tests, spending heaps of ties on assessments to ‘perfect’ them, training for sports carnivals etc every day in the lead up. All self motivated. As a result, his grades have gone from average to exceptional. Their dads & I never like to spoil them, but I’ve decided we need to make an exception!

So any ideas for graduation presents for 12 year old boys? They have been saving all year to buy iPhones to take to highschool next year. Our CHristmas present to them is some money to put towards it to help them out. Other than a novel each, they’re just getting some clothes that they need so I’d like to get them something ‘exciting’.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

#2 PatG

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

Where are you based? Could you have a day out at something like a theme park?

Wallets.
Otterbox IPhone cases.
A family beach day plus new towels/brand name swimwear

#3 Threelittleducks

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

A watch

#4 Moukmouk

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:21 PM

A nice pen? I know it seems old fashioned but it’s symbolic and something they could keep. DD got a special necklace (not much help to you I know).

#5 feralisles

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:24 PM

Maybe something they will need for high school, like a new backpack (preferably cool surf brand one) or a new laptop.

#6 Mollyksy

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:57 PM

That's so sweet. Would it be too much to actually give them enough for the iPhones? I also like the special day out or a concert or a show or a hot air balloon ride or any 'experience'. And a special card in which you express everything you said here.

#7 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:02 PM

If they have both saved for phones, why not gift the phones and they can then buy whatever else they want with their savings?  Like two presents in one.

Or a fitness watch that they can link to their phones?  Fitbit or Vivofit etc.

If they get on well together, then a family day out - or overnight treat?  My DS absolutely LOVES staying in a hotel.  His special treat most recently was a 'staycation' in our city with a bike ride around town, swim in the hotel pool, nice dinner in town and buffet breakfast.  (He is a bit of a quirky kid though - probably not every boy's cup of tea).

#8 marley*and*me

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

At 12 they are old enough to skydive!

#9 marieb

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

All fabulous ideas! Thank you everyone!

They graduate a week apart so we’re thinking to take each of them out for dinner to mark the occasion. ExH & I have decided on a basic Apple Watch for DS- he’ll be over the moon. DH & I will take DSS out next week when he graduates so still have time to think of something special for him

#10 Greatmum

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Buy them the phones and they can spend the money they saved on whatever they like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.