Is this the beginning of the end for ScoMo?

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

#1 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

https://www.smh.com....210-p53in6.html

I bloody hope so!

#2 VigilantePaladin

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

One can hope....

#3 DontPokeTheBearMum

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

I would love to say yes, but I have zero faith in the Australian people to kick this farce of a government out of power.

#4 MagsJee

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

I live in hope

#5 EsmeLennox

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

I hope so. I have even seen some of my very pro-Liberal FB friends expressing their disgruntlement with his ‘leadership’.

#6 purplekitty

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Don't get my hopes up.

Who's the alternative ?

I can only wish that the moderates in the LNP are hatching a dastardly plot but like the GOP in the US what does it say about them that it has gone this far.

#7 redsocks

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

If he goes, we end up with Dutton until the next election. Would love it if some of the few remaining progressives in the Liberal party resign and become independents and start voting against the government

#8 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

View Postpurplekitty, on 11 December 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Don't get my hopes up.

Who's the alternative ?

I can only wish that the moderates in the LNP are hatching a dastardly plot but like the GOP in the US what does it say about them that it has gone this far.
Dutton the dark lord?

#9 seayork2002

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:48 PM

Till the next one, then the next one, then the next one rinse and repeat

#10 No Drama Please

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

I’m just so sick of Scomo’s climate change denying, head in the sand, keep quiet and God will provide, silent Australian praising bullsh*t that I don’t even care who replaces him at the moment TBH. Just as long as I never have to see him again I’m happy.

I’m shocked at how low I’ve set the bar but I just feel with him we have zero hope and we just don’t have time on our side anymore.

#11 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

He has flown the family to Perth.  Smoke was causing issues for DDs asthma. Now I am glad the child can bevoutvof harms way, but surely he can't have it both ways.

#12 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

That’s going to play well.
Is he flying all the other asthmatic kids to Perth, or are they not aspirational enough?

#13 Riotproof

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

View PostPhillipaCrawford, on 11 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

He has flown the family to Perth.  Smoke was causing issues for DDs asthma. Now I am glad the child can bevoutvof harms way, but surely he can't have it both ways.

Wow.

#14 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Well my sinuses and one ear is blocked from all the smoke, can I please be flown to Perth aswell?

#15 **Tiger*Filly**

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

One of my friends who is a die hard liberal supporter,  made a comment on this post that I shared which indicated he's not happy with them about getting rid of the Arts ministry.  There would be a certain cohort of Liberals who would be very unhappy about it. https://m.facebook.c...94&id=574277493

#16 MooGuru

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

View PostPhillipaCrawford, on 11 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Is that actually true? Ive seen comments it was the onion or betoota that initially shared it?

Don't get me wrong it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was true just wondering where the story came from as I keep seeing comments about it but haven't seen the actual story anywhere so far.

I have no faith in our politicians and I have very little faith in the general public.

#17 PhillipaCrawford

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

MG you are correct. I did some  more searching and it wasn't a reputable source. Apologies I should have checked beyond my own echo chamber.

#18 Riotproof

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

The sad thing is when satire is so believable.

#19 Fourteenyears

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

Nah. News poll says he’s doing just fine.  Winning ‘preferred PM’ by a country mile.   And his rusted on don’t believe in climate change anyway.

#20 steppy

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostFourteenyears, on 11 December 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

Nah. News poll says he’s doing just fine.  Winning ‘preferred PM’ by a country mile.   And his rusted on don’t believe in climate change anyway.

Or art.

#21 Amica

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:05 AM

Agree with 14 years. He is more popular now than he was at the election. Nothing sticks to this mob, nothing.

#22 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

i think maybe we need to pin our hopes on the Left coming up with something to “wow” the disillusioned swinging voters and those on the centre, rather than hope the electorate will magically “wake up” to Morrison and the rest of the LNP - i mean, essentially all they need to do is what they’re doing now, ie, nothing with the occasional dog whistle - and they’ll win. something is speaking to the “silent majority” - Labor needs to find out what that is, speak the language and then get into power and go about doing what they were planning to do anyway - beat the LNP at their own game.

#23 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:00 AM

...having said all that, bold prediction: Morrison will win the next election (or LNP will if there’s a leadership spill) and the Tories will win on Thursday (yes i know that’s the UK! but the same thing is being replicated in all liberal democracies).

#24 Ozquoll

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:05 AM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 12 December 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

...having said all that, bold prediction: Morrison will win the next election (or LNP will if there’s a leadership spill) and the Tories will win on Thursday (yes i know that’s the UK! but the same thing is being replicated in all liberal democracies).
And Trump will win re-election next year unless the stock market crashes before the election. And even then 🤔....

#25 IamtheMumma

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:18 AM

I wish but nope, the people who can sway/buy votes continue to support LNP. There are no other alternatives in the LNP to put forward as PM.

Can we do a no confidence vote in the parliament? It would require an Australia wide collection. I don't know if enough people would agree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.