Skin care for 10yo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CallMeFeral

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:24 AM

So it appears my baby almost-11yo is kicking into puberty :(
Her skin has started getting spotty. Not full on pimples yet but... lumps.

Till now we've only ever washed face with water (and used baby oil/sorbolene to get dance makeup off), but I guess it's time to research what she should be doing as we get to oily skin teens. I had pimples as a teen but her father had acne, so I don't know which way she'll go.

I'm not really one for extensive layers of products that strip out all the oil and then put it back on but in a synthetic way, I mostly believe that skin tends to look after itself if you don't mess with it too much, but I don't want to do her a disservice by not giving her options.

Advice? Preferably minimalist/natural? Maybe just for that oily T-zone as her skin is still perfect everywhere else...

Edited by CallMeFeral, 12 December 2019 - 09:24 AM.

#2 CrankyM

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

My 11 year old boy just uses the nivea wipes and some moisturiser (there ones https://www.amazon.c...448487549&psc=1 ). He has had the odd bump and spot but this seems to help with cleaning his face better while not being harsh. He just uses a moitsuriser with sunscreen in it. Actually I think it is nivea as well. It's very low scent and that was important to him more then anything. I think from a quick google he either uses the Nivea creme soft or the nivea creme.

(I have never used harsh chemicals on my face, just a gentle clenser and moisturiser hence why I get him to do something the same)

#3 Manicmum

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

QV here

#4 spr_maiden

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

https://www.cerave.c...yRoC4vYQAvD_BwE

Not natural,  and you might be opposed to shopping at chemist warehouse - but - this is a really gentle cleanser. I've started using recently and it's good for my reactive skin.  It is essentially the same as the dermalogica ultra calming cleanser but 1/4-1/3 of the price.

#5 chiars

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

My DD12 has been using this for a year and I can not believe the difference it has made to her skin. We had tried a few different options but this was actually recommended on another EB thread.

She was getting quite a few hormonal pimples and I think has only had one or two minor pimples since she started using this.

https://www.chemistw...cne-starter-kit

We tried the starter pack first and now I buy the full size products as needed. We have also converted many of her friends to this product too.

She cleanses and moisturises night and morning and also uses an oil free sunscreen in the morning.

https://www.chemistw...ion-spf-30-88ml

She was getting quite a few hormonal pimples and I think has only had one or two minor pimples since she started using this.

#6 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:12 PM

Agree with PP @ Cerave from the Chemist Warehouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.