House/Garden Magazine recommendations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SeaPrincess

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:55 PM

My parents are doing a knock-down rebuild and the build has begun. They have asked for magazine subscriptions for Christmas, one for the interior and one for the garden/landscaping. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was looking at House and Garden, Inside Out, Home Beautiful and Gardening Australia.

#2 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

Choice magazine/membership. Great for a new home, they can look at all The appliance reviews online and get  the magazine monthly.

#3 Elly_Bells

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

I'm a fan of Inside Out. I find it more accessible than House and Garden. Gardening Australia is more practical, hands-on if that's what they are after.

#4 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

Not for everyone, but I love Countrystyle.

#5 eponee

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

I like Inside Out, Real Living and Home Beautiful.  Choice is a great idea too.

#6 SeaPrincess

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

Thanks everyone :xmas_biggrin:

They subscribe to Choice online. Their appliances are chosen.

I think I'll go with Inside Out and Gardening Australia. Mum has always played it very safe as far as decorating, but I think she wants to be more adventurous. In the past, Dad has done a lot of work in various gardens, but not where they are now, even though they've been there for 30 years. He's probably not up to doing all the work anymore, but planning the landscaping is right up his alley.

#7 Popper

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:01 AM

Hi OP. If they are members of their local library they should be able to access the latest digital editions of ALL mags for free. They just need to ask their library how.

I know not what you were asking but it cuts down on waste, gives them access to every type of magazine (and previous copies) and costs nought.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.