Carol of the birds

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

https://m.facebook.c...id=110569469014

I had completely forgotten about this Australian Christmas carol, because all the ones I remember always seem a bit naf.
This one however is really nice.

Orana, Orana to Christmas Day.

#2 Contrebasse

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:11 AM

This is from a set of five  Australian carols by William James, including ‘The silver stars are in the sky’ and ‘the north wind is tossing the leaves’ - you might enjoy the others :-)

#3 Riotproof

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for that. They did mention his name during the segment, but I didn’t retain it.

#4 Sugarplum Poobah

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:35 AM

I remember singing The North Wind is Tossing the Leaves in primary school in the early 70s.

Which led me to YouTube

https://youtu.be/0UWsnvA25-o

https://youtu.be/AMOGxyDPuGg

Thank you for the memories ::):

#5 Sugarplum Poobah

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:41 AM

And the Three Drovers

https://youtu.be/1wqoFg6Vabo

#6 JBH

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

The Gondwana Children’s Choir sings a lovely version of this carol.

#7 Riotproof

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostJBH, on 13 December 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

The Gondwana Children’s Choir sings a lovely version of this carol.

They are the ones in the video. Absolutely glorious.

#8 reachforthestars

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:49 AM

This is one of my favourite Christmas songs! Thanks for reminding me :)

#9 JBH

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 13 December 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

They are the ones in the video. Absolutely glorious.

Oops - not on Facebook

#10 dadwasathome

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Performing The North Wind in Sydney town Hall on Tuesday  night.

#11 Contrebasse

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

Are you in a choir dadwasathome? I performed  all five William James carols with a choir in Melbourne last weekend

#12 .Jerry.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

Love this Christmas song.

I used to live in far NW Qld and had brolgas often in my school yard. So the song always reminds me of those times.

#13 notsoretro

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

I had lunch with my former HS music head teacher and choir leader last week. We did the five carols some years, I still remember the harmony for Carol of the Birds #musicnerds

#14 cvbn

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

My favourite Christmas carol. In primary school, I had a 'voice' and used to sing this solo.

Happy memories, thank you OP.

#15 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

You are welcome. It was really just so incredibly beautiful I had to share.

Dd is running around singing Orana, Orana, Orana to Christmas Day.

Edited by Riotproof, 14 December 2019 - 10:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.