What are you waiting on?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

My last catch order is coming today, so that’s fine. A few books I ordered for myself ran out of stock, and so most likely won’t be here for Christmas.. that’s okay.

But my cat food is showing as being packed since the 8th of December. Apparently they had a higher than usual volume of orders from their Black Friday sale. I am annoyed. Especially since I don’t recall seeing any emails about their Black Friday sale.

Edited by Riotproof, 14 December 2019 - 09:12 AM.

#2 zeldazonk

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:07 AM

I am just waiting on calendars I had made for grandparent presents. I only ordered them a few days ago and I got an email yesterday to say they have shipped. Pretty impressed!

#3 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

i’m waiting on a model airplane, a belt, some pop vinyls  and some makeup. hopefully it gets delivered next week - it’s all due to be delivered to DH’s work because Ive heard reports of some thefts of parcels left on front door steps in our neighbourhood - but i got an sms from DHL telling me a parcel is due to be delivered to my home on Tuesday - i can’t think of what that can be. weird.

#4 Bono25

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

Christmas spirit

#5 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 14 December 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

i’m waiting on a model airplane, a belt, some pop vinyls  and some makeup. hopefully it gets delivered next week - it’s all due to be delivered to DH’s work because Ive heard reports of some thefts of parcels left on front door steps in our neighbourhood - but i got an sms from DHL telling me a parcel is due to be delivered to my home on Tuesday - i can’t think of what that can be. weird.

That could be a scam. Did you click any links? I got something from fedex saying my delivery had been changed. The actual number wasn’t recognised on their site.

#6 gracie1978

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:01 AM

I honestly can't remember
I've ordered so many random non Christmas things that everyday is a surprise

#7 Ivy Ivy

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

I ordered 3 of the same book to gift as Xmas presents to some of my kids' school teachers.  Ordered via internet of course.  Just 1 copy arrived over a month ago.  EVER SINCE I've been exchanging emails (with increasing frustration) about how 3 were ordered, and 3 were paid for, but only 1 arrived, with their end saying all 3 were sent.  Umm, no, they weren't.

The kids' schools broke up 2 weeks ago, so no chance of gifting these books to the right people now.  IF they ever turn up I'll now have 2 copies of a hardcover new release book that I already own 1 copy of.  Ah the joy of internet shopping with errors occur.

#8 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostBono25, on 14 December 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Christmas spirit

:( I am really getting into it. Thinking of watching it’s a wonderful life tonight.

#9 K.heather

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:03 AM

A pair of DC skate shoes for me and a Katie Hill purse. DH is very happy with his 700gsm feather down doona as he has PTSD ADHD anxiety etc so it's like a weighted blanket for him. That was the last to come for his gifts and has commented that he is sleeping slightly better which is huge.

#10 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:03 AM

RAIN

#11 Mooples

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:15 AM

A new item I wanted to get was delayed arriving with the company. Finally here so I’ve put my order in. Dh needs to pick that up then the kids are all done.

I’m also waiting for my family to tell me what they want, same as every year.

#12 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

I ordered a gift card for photography, marked on the order that I wanted it as a gift, and then when I enquired yesterday about where it was they acted all surprised that I wanted a physical gift card. Hopefully it arrives now in time but if not I’ll print a page out or something. Seriously some businesses are strange.

#13 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

View Postgracie1978, on 14 December 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I honestly can't remember
I've ordered so many random non Christmas things that everyday is a surprise

Black Friday sales mean every day is Christmas for me. So many parcels!

#14 Riotproof

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:28 AM

View PostCranky Old Woman, on 14 December 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

RAIN

Oh yes.

#15 IkeaAddict

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

I'm waiting for Christmas to be over

#16 eilca

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

My knight in shining armour is overdue. I ordered it about 10 years ago.

Should I try Catch?

#17 Threetwoone

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

I'm waiting for some tap shoes I bought on Gumtree or market place.

#18 laridae

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

Photo ornaments and a Bluetooth MP3 player fo DH. To be fair, I only ordered them yesterday. But the page said they should get here on time. Won't matter too much if they don't.
DHs fault for leaving it this late to tell me what he wants. Can't find any locally.

Also waiting on a DVD box set (for me, so won't matter too much), and I think I'm still waiting on a couple of aliexpress orders (dolls clothes for the kids dolls), however most arrived yesterday so the few outstanding shouldn't be too far away.

#19 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:09 PM

Inspiration.

I really need to start my Christmas shopping - or at least to think about it.

#20 ytt

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Winning lotto ticket...

Haven't thought about christmas until this morning, went to the shops today a little early (had to pick DH from train station). I turned and walked out... I'll try again tomorrow.

I hate Christmas with a passion.

Usually I just give the kids cash

Edited by ytt, 14 December 2019 - 05:57 PM.

#21 nom_de_plume

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

Just a book. I only bought it yesterday and it’s due to arrive Thursday so I’m not really ‘waiting’. I still need presents for the in-laws and my brother and his partner. Otherwise I’m done shopping.

Haven’t started baking or wrapping presents yet though!

#22 Mrs Claus

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Grandparents present, bike and helmet, watch and a color in canvas. Just hope the bike comes before the one who still believes finished school...

#23 Dianalynch

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Someone else to do the present shopping...

#24 wilding

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 14 December 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

But my cat food is showing as being packed since the 8th of December. Apparently they had a higher than usual volume of orders from their Black Friday sale. I am annoyed. Especially since I don’t recall seeing any emails about their Black Friday sale.

Oh goodie, I really need sleep :omg:  I read that as waiting for your cat to be sent :sleep:

#25 chicken_bits

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

I'm waiting for a Hairdorable to be delivered to my local Target store so that I can pick it up. Was supposed to have arrived yesterday. Thankfully there's still plenty of time before Christmas. Otherwise Santa has some explaining to do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.