Should I have another baby? (Fluffy)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

It’s the holidays, so there’s time for BDing - and everyone is relaxed and happy, so another baby would be great, right? And there’s twins in DH’s family, so I might have twins, which would be great because I’ve always wanted four kids. And if I got pregnant now, the baby would be a Scorpio. I love scorpios. This is a fantastic idea, yes?

#2 Kallie88

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:12 PM

Haha i dunno, you might have a singleton and everyone knows three kids is the devil's number of children. A dark vortex will take over your house as your children overrun it with their mischievous mischief 😏

Edited by Kallie88, 26 December 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#3 Silverstreak

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Hell yes. I love Scorpios too and baby Scorpios will be super cute and will grow up to be intriguingly brooding adults who brood.

I think you should have a baby and I should eat the entire plum pudding and drink that spare bottle of wine, which may lead to me having another baby.

On a serious note, if you and your DH want another baby, now is probably a good time to have fun trying for a baby.

And if your baby is conceived around the Christmas period, you could have fun with names.

Noel
Noelle
Carol
Holly
Silver
Ivy
Rudolph

#4 Lou-bags

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:40 PM

Baby would be a Virgo most probably. You’d have to wait another month to conceive a Scorpio.

I have two September babies conceived over the Xmas period, it’s a lovely time of year to have babies!

Team yes, do it!

Edited by Lou-bags, 26 December 2019 - 02:42 PM.

#5 Mmmcheese

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

After spending an hour with my 2 1/2 year old nephew yesterday, I was thinking yeah, I could go another one. After hour four when he was still saying the same words over and over again (in a very cute, but groundhog Day style) I remembered a bit more about the under 3 years and that feeling left!

#6 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, that’s my problem. I don’t actually like children until they turn 4. Newborns are fine. After that though, it’s almost fun. Almost.

Rudolph is a great name. Noel, not so much. I went to school with a boy named Noel.

Edited by RichardParker, 26 December 2019 - 02:59 PM.

#7 gracie1978

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

You'd need twins in your family :)

Yes have a baby, everyone should have three.  That's the perfect number, I'm not rocking in a corner at the idea ...

#8 Freddie'sMum

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

We could send some angst ridden teenagers your way and that may curb your "let's have another baby" feelings.

Or send you 2 x 18 months old - you know - when they have dropped the day nap and can't communicate properly but (like the Queen song) "I want it all and I want it NOW"..

#9 BadCat

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Just have the sex and skip the babies.

Babies are hard work and annoying.

And they grow into children who are hard work and annoying.

And then they grown into teenagers who are hard work and annoying.

And they they grown into adults who are hard work and annoying.

And then they put you in a nursing home because now you are hard work and annoying and they can't figure out why.

#10 VVV

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

BadCat, on 26 December 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Just have the sex and skip the babies.

Babies are hard work and annoying.

And they grow into children who are hard work and annoying.

And then they grown into teenagers who are hard work and annoying.

And they they grown into adults who are hard work and annoying.

And then they put you in a nursing home because now you are hard work and annoying and they can't figure out why.

Bahahah! Never a truer word was spoken.

#11 Backtoschoolchef

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

I have 2 kids born right before the school cutoff and one born just after.  If I had the option to choose I would try to have them born in the middle of the school year so they weren't the youngest or eldest.  But also a newborn is not fun in either freezing cold or boiling hot.

So yes I think September - October is the ideal time to have a baby born. (our school cutoff is April)

#12 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

No, babies are hard work and suck the life out of you! I’m quite partial to my toddlers, DS has just turned 2 and he’s gorgeous and super cute and funny. I can’t wait until he can drop naps and we can live without having to worry about naps (can you tell today’s nap was difficult?).

#13 Freddie'sMum

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Have you lost your mind PP?

The day nap was the only thing that kept what was left of my sanity intact for years !  An hour of blessed peace.

#14 -Emissary-

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:53 PM

After the painful labour I had 5 days ago? Yeah, nah don’t do it to yourself

Newborns are awfully cute though.

Edited by -Emissary-, 26 December 2019 - 03:53 PM.

#15 gracie1978

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

-Emissary-, on 26 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

After the painful labour I had 5 days ago? Yeah, nah don’t do it to yourself

Newborns are awfully cute though.

Congratulations, hope you're not too sore

#16 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Ah, the voice of reason, it speaks.

#17 rubyskye

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

22Fruitmincepies, on 26 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

No, babies are hard work and suck the life out of you! I’m quite partial to my toddlers, DS has just turned 2 and he’s gorgeous and super cute and funny. I can’t wait until he can drop naps and we can live without having to worry about naps (can you tell today’s nap was difficult?).

Agreed with the naps!

#18 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

gracie1978, on 26 December 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

You'd need twins in your family :)

Yes have a baby, everyone should have three.  That's the perfect number, I'm not rocking in a corner at the idea ...
Mum had six children on only one ovary- I’m suspecting she might have a hyper ovulation gene.  And DH is a twin, and had twins himself with his first wife. I reckon I could be that (un)lucky.

#19 Riotproof

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:01 PM

I can think of the following positives....

They are so much fun in certain stages.
You won’t have to be pregnant for the worst bit in summer
You won’t have to worry about birthday parties clashing with summer holidays.
You won’t have to think about school readiness.

#20 ~river song~

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:08 PM

Are you ovulating right now? If so stay strong and soon you will conquer you’re ovaries irrational desires for another month
Also we are in the middle of an extinction thanks to a climate emergency of our species and many others - the clusterfaark that is to be our children’s legacy will have them hating us for it.

#21 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

I probably am ovulating right......now.

#22 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:19 PM

then have the condoms ready. babies are a really really bad idea. sex with consequences is bad. sex without consequences is awesome.

#23 NeedSleepNow

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Yes. Babies are cute. Have another!

#24 marple

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:32 PM

I'm team yes.

#25 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

BABY!

ETA- that was my hormones talking. I didn’t just make one, as far as I know. Unless it was some kind of incarnation, in which case, I’m more likely to be the mother of Ganesh or similar - not so much a nice little boy like Jesus.

Edited by RichardParker, 26 December 2019 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.