Should I have another baby? (Fluffy)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

-Emissary-, on 26 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

After the painful labour I had 5 days ago? Yeah, nah don’t do it to yourself

Newborns are awfully cute though.
Congratulations!  Enjoy the newborn cuddles. They are indeed the best.

I think I’d go straight for a Caesar, this time. That post-birth soreness does not appeal.

Edited by RichardParker, 26 December 2019 - 05:55 PM.

#27 Kreme

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

I came over all charitable and offered to mind a friend’s 6 year old for a day last week. One day was all it took to be soooo grateful we didn’t have that 3rd child we were considering. I love the fact my kids now spend a significant part of each day ignoring me. This kid was so needy!

#28 **Xena**

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

RichardParker, on 26 December 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Mum had six children on only one ovary- I’m suspecting she might have a hyper ovulation gene.  And DH is a twin, and had twins himself with his first wife. I reckon I could be that (un)lucky.

I have 5 kids and only one ovary :D Your chance of twins only really goes up if you have twins in your family though. The paternal side doesn't increase the chance though he may pass the gene to any daughter he has.

Congratulations Emissary :wub:

Edited by **Xena**, 26 December 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#29 literally nobody

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

baby could end up being a libra.

#30 Lallalla

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Yep the twins thing is from the mum, if they are fraternal. Identical they don’t really know why but it is supposed to not be an inherited thing.

Have a 3rd baby 3 is a great number. But don’t wish twins on yourself. I love mine to but it isn’t easy and it definitely isn’t 2 for 1.

#31 MrsLexiK

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:43 PM

RichardParker, on 26 December 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

It’s the holidays, so there’s time for BDing - and everyone is relaxed and happy, so another baby would be great, right? And there’s twins in DH’s family, so I might have twins, which would be great because I’ve always wanted four kids. And if I got pregnant now, the baby would be a Scorpio. I love scorpios. This is a fantastic idea, yes?
I’m a Scorpio and I wasn’t conceived until feb. my sister is a Christmas baby and born in sept and a Libra. As is my cousin and nephew.

#32 RichardParker

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:44 PM

Ah OK, clearly I need to brush up on my Astrology., and wait a month or so.

#33 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

my oldest son is a scorpio ...they have a sting in their tail...

#34 eilca

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:32 PM

I am 53 and during ovulation I often joke about going for another. Husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago, we are ancient but by god ovulation  hormones make me irrationally randy and clucky.

Hurry up menopause!

#35 Jingleflea

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:32 PM

You're more likely to have twins if you get pregnant right after you come off the Pill apparently.
Which is how mum had hers(I'm one of them).

#36 Chchgirl

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

eilca, on 26 December 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

I am 53 and during ovulation I often joke about going for another. Husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago, we are ancient but by god ovulation  hormones make me irrationally randy and clucky.

Hurry up menopause!

Honestly you're the only person I've heard that's still regular.  I'm 52 next year and still going strong.

I don't desire babies though, although don't have a partner either..😁

But OP yeah wht not?!

#37 Murderino

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

God no, two is more than enough for me, you’d have to pay me to have more! Also, like a PP I already worry about the future my kids will have let alone having more.

-Emissary-, on 26 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

After the painful labour I had 5 days ago? Yeah, nah don’t do it to yourself

Newborns are awfully cute though.

Congratulations Emissary, sorry it was painful. Hope bub  is doing well.

#38 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:05 PM

Freddie, on 26 December 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Have you lost your mind PP?

The day nap was the only thing that kept what was left of my sanity intact for years !  An hour of blessed peace.

20 minutes of screaming for 20 minutes of nap, and then super grumpy after. Or driving around for 1-1.5 hours for a longer nap and slightly less grumpy after. So I’m really looking forward to no naps!

#39 Sancti-claws

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

My 10 year old did say that she wished that she had a little brother or sister yesterday.

And the symmetry in life would be amazing - I had one at 30, one at 40 - surely one at 50 would complete it all!!?

Mind you, the speed in which I had babies would indeed land me a Scorpio.

When my husband gets that fearful look in his eyes, I tell him that the fees we would charge the magazines for the miracle child would help pay for its keep.

#40 Bam1

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:00 AM

**Xena**, on 26 December 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have 5 kids and only one ovary Posted Image Your chance of twins only really goes up if you have twins in your family though. The paternal side doesn't increase the chance though he may pass the gene to any daughter he has.

Congratulations Emissary Posted Image

Don't forget 'last chance saloon' (especially the OP as this may apply), if you are older and onto your 3rd or higher order pregnancy, your chance of twins is increased. Our marvelous body thinking that this may the the last chance to procreate decides to up the odds and release an egg from each ovary instead of just the one.  

Ask me how I know - Xena your one ovary saved you! :)

#41 Backtoschoolchef

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:05 AM

Bam1, on 27 December 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Don't forget 'last chance saloon' (especially the OP as this may apply), if you are older and onto your 3rd or higher order pregnancy, your chance of twins is increased. Our marvelous body thinking that this may the the last chance to procreate decides to up the odds and release an egg from each ovary instead of just the one.  

Ask me how I know - Xena your one ovary saved you! Posted Image

I remember reading somewhere that older Dads had more chances of twins. Identical only one would imagine.

#42 Crombek

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:37 PM

Baby would be late Virgo or Libra. We have 4 of these out of the 5 of us. According to midwives Sept is the most popular baby month lol.

#43 mintpatty

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

You actually want a scorpio?  Have you researched this?  Proud, compassionate, determined.  So very, very, bloody determined.  My 17 year old DD does my head in with her determination.  She takes it way too far.  

She's beautiful, she's never put a foot wrong, but she's exhausting.  

Give me my couldn't-give-a-sh1te loveable Leo DS any day.

#44 Lou-bags

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:22 PM

Crombek, on 27 December 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Baby would be late Virgo or Libra. We have 4 of these out of the 5 of us. According to midwives Sept is the most popular baby month lol.

I have a midwife friend on fb and the last few years she shares a ‘September is coming’ GOT meme lol.

Despite this DS1 was the only baby born on his late Sept birthday in the hospital I delivered at. Private hospital on a Sunday probably explains that though (especially as 57% of babies delivered there are by csection which aren’t generally done on the weekend).

#45 Chchgirl

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:51 PM

mintpatty, on 27 December 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

You actually want a scorpio?  Have you researched this?  Proud, compassionate, determined.  So very, very, bloody determined.  My 17 year old DD does my head in with her determination.  She takes it way too far.  

She's beautiful, she's never put a foot wrong, but she's exhausting.  

Give me my couldn't-give-a-sh1te loveable Leo DS any day.

I have a Leo child and a cancer child, both grown up now. Leo was easier. Was married to  Scorpio and I'm a Gemini.

Not a match I'd rush into again but had a shorter relationship with a Leo and just no.

#46 RichardParker

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:59 AM

DH has gone away for a few days so the point might be moot.

I’m a cancer- cancers are awesome.

Edited by RichardParker, 28 December 2019 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.