Party reminders

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 qak

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:23 AM

Do people send party reminders?

DD (tween) was invited to a party, and RSVP'd in the affirmative, so all good.

Since then I have received a reminder that the party is on.
And also a separate message about what to wear.

#2 ekbaby

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

I can understand a reminder at this time of year (summer holidays, maybe long time since school/invites given out)

#3 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:28 AM

What was the what to wear message? I find that a bit odd.

The reminder I get especially if invites went out before school broke up with was first week of December for us.

#4 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

I think a reminder is sensible at  this time of year.

Not so sure about the dress reminder? Is it something unusual that has to be reinforced?

#5 ekbaby

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:35 AM

I have sent out things about what to wear, usually either bring swimmers etc or to wear old clothes, bring gum boots etc as they are getting dirty
Also lots of physical activities like rock climbing, ropes activities etc the place running it will have dress requirements like closed in shoes, hair tied back etc. wouldn’t want a kid to miss out by showing up in wrong stuff

#6 Hands Up

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

This time of year I’d probably send a reminder too.
I’ve noticed parents sending reminders under the guise of something needed for the party (one message, not two). It’s a good way of reminding without reminding!

#7 qak

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

Invite was less that 2 weeks ago.
It's a pool party, reminder to bring/wear cossies :shrug:

#8 MsLaurie

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

Maybe they had someone ask if they should bring bathers and went “wait, wasn’t that clear?!? How did we word the invite? Better remind everyone just in case...”

#9 3rd time lucky

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

I think it’s sensible - especially at this time of year.
Also - I sometimes have done it if I don’t trust that the invites given to my kids have all made it where they need to be. 😅

#10 Mmmcheese

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

I did nearly forget a party just before Christmas, but the family sent a reminder, so that was helpful!

#11 EsmeLennox

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

Seems fine to me...it’s a busy time of year people forget things.

#12 Orangecake

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

I think it's sensible and most likely they've had an experience before where people have forgotten around Xmas.

#13 Team Awesome

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

Given the amount of no shows nonRSVP people I’d say yes worth doing a reminder

#14 Jersey Caramel

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

Considering at this time of year I don't even know which day of the week it is,  let alone the date, a reminder seems sensible and would be appreciated by most.

#15 aluminium

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Maybe the party-kid has had no-shows before and the parent is anxious. It's a busy time of year. Maybe birthday-girl gets overlooked in the Christmas/New Years festivities.

We've had one kid forget to turn up to one of DDs parties and it was sad for both girls.

#16 amdirel

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

Considering I just had to look up a calendar to figure out what day it is today, I would definitely appreciate a reminder at this time of year!

#17 Oriental lily

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

With five kids deffinetly like the reminder !

#18 Heather11

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:57 PM

I don't have an issue with either of those messages.  I have sent a don't forget socks message for when we have had parties at bowling etc.

#19 Ivy Ivy

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:02 PM

I've sent them when children need to wear or bring specific equipment so people don't miss out and don't forget as invitations have usually been sent 1 month prior.

My son has attended at lot of FYOS parties this year, and his class group of parents send lots of info out, including the best place to park, pictures of the entrance to the play centre in a busy shopping centre, reminders siblings are welcome, questions about food allergies, etc.  I like it, lots of info.

#20 got my tinsel on

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

I thing the reminder is a great idea as is the reminder about swimwear.

So easy to be concentrating on the fact that there is a party to attend and forget the detail i.e. 'pool party'.

Imagine if only some of the kids brought swimmers and the rest didn't.

#21 SplashingRainbows

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

I love a good reminder.

I am very organized by nature but I have A LOT on my plate so am always appreciative of people ensuring my kids attendance at parties with the required ‘accessories’ to have fun. Be that swimmers or socks or hats or whatever.

#22 seayork2002

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostSplashingRainbows, on 29 December 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

I love a good reminder.

I am very organized by nature but I have A LOT on my plate so am always appreciative of people ensuring my kids attendance at parties with the required ‘accessories’ to have fun. Be that swimmers or socks or hats or whatever.

This i am thankful to anyone who reminds but don't expect it at all and i love a helpful dress code not a control freak one 'you have to wear a 3/4 inch hairband' with 24 hours notice (Not for me or ds personally)

Edited by seayork2002, 29 December 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#23 Dianalynch

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

Reminders are good things, especially at this time of year.

#24 kimasa

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

That's a good idea. I like that.

#25 born.a.girl

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

View Postqak, on 29 December 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Invite was less that 2 weeks ago.
It's a pool party, reminder to bring/wear cossies Posted Image

Sounds sensible to me.  Husband forgot his going to Uluru.  Several swimming pools around the resort and he 'forgot' to bring swim shorts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.