Do you ask for parent contact details? 15yo?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 amdirel

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 30 December 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

They're saying it will just be boys, yeah right at 15

My 17yo still goes to boys only sleepovers. Not every teen is up to no good, give them some credit!

#52 Chchgirl

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

View PostDianalynch, on 30 December 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Peter Stuyvesant, Dunnie red, b&h 16 milligrams (I think that was it, so long ago) also drum dark roll your own for poor weeks. Those were the days. Gave up 21 years ago.

I feel nauseous reading that 😂😂😂

#53 gracie1978

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

View PostDianalynch, on 30 December 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Peter Stuyvesant, Dunnie red, b&h 16 milligrams (I think that was it, so long ago) also drum dark roll your own for poor weeks. Those were the days. Gave up 21 years ago.

Rollies!!!  I never got the hang of them.  My friends boyfriend was so good at rolling cigarettes, he told me he learnt in jail, lol
Turns out it was the truth!  Assumed it was a joke until he asked me to run him up to the station one night for his daily PD check in.

#54 IShallWearTinsel

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:32 PM

I'd introduce myself at least and want contact details if my child didn't have a phone with them.

#55 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 30 December 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

These are my red flags:
Because he's being cagey
It's a new friend

They're saying it will just be boys, yeah right at 15

Your party sounds lovely and I'm sure if the OP's son was going he would have happily sent his Mum your phone number.

I had friends in both groups at that age.  I could have easily been sucking on barley sugars and doing the 40 hour famine  with a group of honour students on a Saturday night as I was hitchhiking to the servo for more Dunhill Reds or driving a mate to her dealers house, while on a restricted license that strictly forbid passengers...

My parents never checked up on anything.
1. You really think that EVERY teen is the same as what you were? I have two teens who are very different to each other.
2. Would it have made any difference if your parents did check up? Sounds to me like you would have just got more creative.

OP, I think you do what works for you. I probably didn't always have phone numbers, But I knew people who knew people ...

I think that there comes a point where you do have to trust them some, but I am not sure that 15 is it for every child.

#56 elliebear

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:08 PM

My daughter is 14 and staying at a friends ( with a group ) tonight. Has known the girl since kindergarten so I have parents details already and they have my number but I still went inside when I dropped her off to say thanks to a parent/ check a parent there/ embarrass my daughter one last time this decade haha.

#57 gracie1978

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

OP how did you get on?

#58 perthgal3

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

Well, I ended up not going to the door at drop off. DS & i chatted beforehand & i was comfortable that it was just a group sleepover & he had his phone with him.

I picked him up at lunchtime today & gave him & a friend a lift home. They told me that there ended up being 6 boys in total & only one mum came to the door (& she already knew the hosts mum so was saying hello).

Sounds like it was a great night. The hosts put on a great bbq spread for dinner & cooked bacon & eggs rolls for brunch. The hosts made it clear to the boys that they were not allowed to leave the house at night other than a walk up the street to see fireworks.

So I am happy that they had fun & it was all age appropriate fun & the parents sound similar parenting style to me.

#59 gracie1978

Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

I'm so glad it all worked out well :)

#60 Givingitanothergo

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

I’m a definite yes but my son is only 14.. but I’m suspecting I’m a stiff after I’ve heard from friends they let their sons stay at their girlfriends until 130am and then get an Uber home. I’m the mum that picks them up and drops everyone home so I’m probably a dead****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.