Looking for a nanny

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chamomile

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:19 AM

I have a 10 week old and I’m finding it very hard. I think I need someone to come and mind him for a few hours a week, so I can get some rest. The lack of sleep is affecting me.
Does anyone know a nanny or nurse in Sydney city/east area who would be willing to help a few hours a week?
Or any other suggestions?

#2 eachschoolholidays

Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:24 AM

I’ve seen lots of rave reviews about Mayday Mummy (but I  haven’t used them myself)

#3 ninja559

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

Not in Sydney, or even Australia at the moment, so no contacts to share..... but just want to say good on you for recognizing you need some help, and asking for it! Those early days/weeks/months are incredibly hard. x

#4 Caribou

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:33 AM

My friends swear hands down this is fab agency. We’ve booked them for a few sittings in the new Year. The way they raved about them gave me a
Lot of assurance. They work all over Sydney and greater regions.

https://abrachild.com.au

#5 Steggles66

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:10 AM

Your local council, community centre or recreation centre may have occasional care at the fraction of the price of a nanny if money is tight for you.

#6 Freddie'sMum

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:35 AM

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link - but I have used this service (when our kids were older)

www.findababysitter.com.au

I hope you get a rest soon OP.  Those baby days are hard.

#7 NotBitzerMaloney

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

Have a look on Jugglestreet, findababysitter or weneedananny or if you want an agency, nannies and helpers

#8 Chamomile

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions! Seems like help is out there.
I looked on jugglestreet (it was mentioned at my mothers group). Listed some babysitting for 3 hours while I’m at home, $25 an hour. I got a response, but I’m chicken.
How should I use the time? My baby takes an hour to feed. If I don’t time the day right, I’ll be wasting a lot of the time.
Maybe we’re not advanced enough for this.

#9 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

That's such a tough age :)

If you get a nanny for three hours and do end up spending the first hour feeding, then maybe the nanny could do a few loads of washing or something else for you?

#10 Babetty

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Just explain to the prospective nanny that your baby is very little, you're still breastfeeding and so you need someone who is comfortable with you being home and willing to do light housework if you're occupied with the baby - eg wash dishes, load of washing, change bed sheets etc.

Perhaps reframe it as a "mother's helper" role and their tasks will vary depending on what's needed by you and the baby on any given day.

#11 wilding

Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

View PostNot Escapin Xmas, on 03 January 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

That's such a tough age :)

If you get a nanny for three hours and do end up spending the first hour feeding, then maybe the nanny could do a few loads of washing or something else for you?

I like that idea.

I hope you find someone you are comfortable with :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.