TTC January 2020

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 *~*emma*~*

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

View Posteigne, on 27 January 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

I’m CD10 so ovulation is at least 8-10 days away.

Why is it I’m always so cross with DH in the lead up to the window?? It’s uncanny, and not conducive to baby making! Is there a hormonal link, I wonder?

Wondering this also. I am so cranky with my husband right now also. He is a selfish human

#52 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

8DPO here . I tested and got a BFN , not surprised  though lol .  I have some symptoms but that’s probably just because I’m symptom searching !

Not sure who mentioned it but my DP struggled with the pressure of every day . So instead we did every second day which made it a much more enjoyable month .

#53 tinkerbell86

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

How frustrating montecarlo! Hope you don’t mind me asking, Are you trying for your 3rd?

Sarah434 we went with every 2nd day this cycle too for the same reasons!

I’m on CD17 and my cycle is usually right on 28 days. For some reason I feel like it didn’t happen this month, so I haven’t been thinking about it much although I bet that will change by the week after next!!

#54 Inda

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:27 AM

Fairly confident I am on track for a normal cycle and that I have now ovulated (cd21 today) but will aim to continue covering our bases for the next week as my cycle is irregular.
Generally we aim for every second day, but I don't tell DH when O is expected. I remember he felt the pressure when trying for DD if it was 'scheduled' as such.

#55 ThePlacebo

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

For ladies who are TTC#2 or more, how long did it take to get your period back? Short of weaning, is there anything I can do to help things along?

DD is 6 months old and still waking 1-2 times overnight to BF. No sign of ovulation or period yet. My mum got pregnant like 4 months after her first - I was hoping I’d be similar but to luck!

We’re having fun trying anyway! Haha.

#56 Inda

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

The Placebo - my period started back 6 months post almost to the day and my DD was fully breastfed. But we weren't trying to know if I was actually cycling as such. It was irregular and I had a lot of issue on the minipill till I threw it out March last year. I think some people are just lucky (or unlucky in some situations I guess) with falling easily no matter what..
I'm not sure if there is anything you can do trigger it, maybe discuss with your GP?

ETA - remember you can fall pregnant before you see a period, so no harm in trying.

Edited by Inda, 28 January 2020 - 11:41 AM.

#57 #YKG

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

I’m sitting at 9dpo today. For last few days in the morning I have that lotion like CM, cervix is still high and soft, but in the evenings I have cloudy EWCM, cervix still high and soft. When I woke up this morning my temp had also spiked by .2, I’ve looked at my other bbt charts and this is unusual for me.

No idea what’s going on but another 4 days till AF is meant to arrive.

#58 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:34 AM

10DPO here
Just tested and BFN
Hard not to feel disheartened .
ThePlacebo - I was exclusively breastfeeding with DS2 and my period came back at about 1 year old.

#59 Sarah_434

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

Lots of activity going on.

CD5 here, have decided not to waste money on OPKs this month and try a natural month. DH is quite happy about this, he seems to think knowing is making me stressed. I guess it could be what others have mentioned where I just get easily annoyed during O, how is that biologically conducive to baby making. Anyway, I’ve banned him from saying “I told you so” if this month works out

Edited by Sarah_434, 29 January 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#60 Inda

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

Sarah - good luck! I found the OPK's hard work and stressful when I tried them for a couple of month. Fell with DD the first month after.

AFM - I'm thinking I am 3-4dpo and already feeling like this is a long 2 weeks!

Good luck to those testing soon.

#61 tinkerbell86

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Carpe diem - sorry to hear that, hope it’s just too early for you

YKG - hope those are all good signs for you, I don’t know much about that cervix stuff, are they early indicators of pregnancy

Sarah - hope ditching the OPKs works out for you this month! With my first bub that’s exactly what happened to me 🤣 ditched them and then fell pregnant!

I’m 7DPO and busy which is really good because I haven’t been able to think about it much. I’m hopeful it happens in the next cycle or two because my DS starts school next year and I’m not keen on having a really little newborn when he starts so we may have to postpone for a little while :(

#62 #YKG

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

Thanks tinker bell. Apparently the cervix is meant to lower and harden couple days before AF if not pregnant. Mine usually has dropped by now but it seems to have gone slightly out of reach today, in the AM I’ve got the white lotion like CM, PM I have EWCM kind of CM. I’ve been throwing up all day today, but don’t know if it’s because I could be pregnant or it’s just the virus going around work. Hard to tell.

AF is due Saturday. So trying to hold out to see if AF rocks up on Saturday or not.

#63 tinkerbell86

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

Oh wow, never knew that!

Hope it’s good news for you, and that you’re only sick for the best of reasons!!

#64 Mingles

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

Hi ladies,

Jumping in late here, I posted in December but not January as I was already overthinking things. But I got my BFP today, and wanted to start the journey with you all today :)

Obviously its very early days so I'm feeling pretty cautious but optimistic.

Does anyone else have a partner who is less keen than they are about the prospect of another baby? Eep. He's on board, just scared I think haha.

#65 Mingles

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

View Post#YKG, on 29 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Thanks tinker bell. Apparently the cervix is meant to lower and harden couple days before AF if not pregnant. Mine usually has dropped by now but it seems to have gone slightly out of reach today, in the AM I’ve got the white lotion like CM, PM I have EWCM kind of CM. I’ve been throwing up all day today, but don’t know if it’s because I could be pregnant or it’s just the virus going around work. Hard to tell.

AF is due Saturday. So trying to hold out to see if AF rocks up on Saturday or not.

That all sounds really positive to me! Fingers crossed x

#66 #YKG

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:58 PM

So annoyed, woke up this morning with what I think is my period....I had a Drs appt today, I’m meant to be 11 dpo, my bbt is still high and when he checked my cervix it’s high soft and mostly closed. He had trouble reaching it. Sorry TMI, the blood is darkish red not that pink tinge and enough to need a pad, it’s not my normal flow or texture either, but I’m having light cramps. I wasn’t due till Saturday.

My Dr is confused because if it is my period my cervix should be lower, former and open. He suggested it could be heavy implantation bleeding but to keep track and he’ll look again at my appt next week.

Edited by #YKG, 30 January 2020 - 03:59 PM.

#67 Sweet.Pea

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:41 PM

View Post#YKG, on 30 January 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

So annoyed, woke up this morning with what I think is my period....I had a Drs appt today, I’m meant to be 11 dpo, my bbt is still high and when he checked my cervix it’s high soft and mostly closed. He had trouble reaching it. Sorry TMI, the blood is darkish red not that pink tinge and enough to need a pad, it’s not my normal flow or texture either, but I’m having light cramps. I wasn’t due till Saturday.

My Dr is confused because if it is my period my cervix should be lower, former and open. He suggested it could be heavy implantation bleeding but to keep track and he’ll look again at my appt next week.

Why did he check your cervix?

Could he order blood tests?

#68 #YKG

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

View PostSweet.Pea, on 30 January 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

Why did he check your cervix?

Could he order blood tests?

Only reason he did check is because I said to him that I tried to check and was out of reach for me and there was a fair amount of blood.
If it stops I get bloods done Monday. But I’ll be seeing him anyway so might ask for it anyway. On the remote chance it’s just heavy implantation bleeding nothing will show on bloods today anyway.

#69 Sarah_434

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

Congrats Mingles, best of luck.

sounding really interesting #YKG, hoping for implantation bleeding for you.

I’m CD7, O might happen around 11 but I’m refusing to track this month.

goodluck everyone

#70 Sweet.Pea

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

View Post#YKG, on 30 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Only reason he did check is because I said to him that I tried to check and was out of reach for me and there was a fair amount of blood.
If it stops I get bloods done Monday. But I’ll be seeing him anyway so might ask for it anyway. On the remote chance it’s just heavy implantation bleeding nothing will show on bloods today anyway.

Alright

I'm just very cautious of that because of infection or inflammation. I know it's probably normal and low risk but I'm very no risk.

#71 #YKG

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:11 AM

View PostSweet.Pea, on 31 January 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

Alright

I'm just very cautious of that because of infection or inflammation. I know it's probably normal and low risk but I'm very no risk.

When I check I do it with sterile gloves, my OB and FS have both said safe as long as with sterile gloves.
I know some people aren’t comfortable with it though which is ok.

#72 Mingles

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:01 AM

Well that was short lived, looks like it was chemical for me... Tip for those still in it though, I found First Response tests much more clear than Clear View (ironically...). Good luck to everyone else! x

#73 #YKG

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:05 PM

I’m sorry Mingles

Confusion still reigning here, yesterday things got heavier, today it’s slowed significantly like only a panty liner is needed. My BBT also shot back up, I’m still cramps. No idea what’s going on.

#74 Ms_V

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

Oh guys, hope everything is ok! x

So I’ve been trying to distract myself, have been trying to wait and see if my period arrives on Tuesday, gave in tonight...

Is this a BFP..?

Safe to say I’m eagerly awaiting the morning!

Attached Files

Edited by Ms_V, 01 February 2020 - 06:50 PM.

#75 Mingles

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

That's a huge BFP!! Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.