Under $200

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MakesMeHappy

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

If you had to pick a car seat for under $200 which one would it be?

It needs to be convertible 0-4+
Ideally, the ability to rear face as long as possible
Ideally, as slim as possible
Not to hard to adjust the harness

Thanks for any help. I really have no idea about car seats in this price range. Any practical pros and cons are also appreciated :)

#2 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:31 PM

The cheapest Safe n Sound is the  Cabrini.
https://www.bigw.com...black/p/808523/
I had the previous version for my youngest.

#3 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:36 PM

Baby Love Ezy switch $159
It's an 0-4 RF/FF seat, extended rear facing.
It's slim in width but medium sized in RF depth.
It's manual re-thread harness so must be uninstalled to change the strap height.

Britax compaq $269
It's an 0-4 RF/FF seat, extended rear facing.
It's slim in width and small sized in RF depth.
It's an easy adjust harness so can be left installed when changing the strap height.

#4 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:39 PM

View PostFuzzyChocolateToes, on 07 January 2020 - 10:31 PM, said:

The cheapest Safe n Sound is the  Cabrini.
https://www.bigw.com...black/p/808523/
I had the previous version for my youngest.

It's an 0-4 RF/FF seat, but it's not extended rear facing.
It's slim in width and small sized in RF depth.
It's manual re-thread harness so must be uninstalled to change the strap height.

#5 MakesMeHappy

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

Thank you so much! That is super helpful!

Cheesy Sanga do you have an opinion on the Infasecure Kompressor Caprice? It is on sale at Baby Bunting for $199

#6 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:19 PM

The kompressor is not an extended RF seat. But the kompressor 4 is an ERF seat. I wouldn't get the kompressor. The kompressor 4 is ok, as it's reasonably priced and has great recline in FF mode. But it's a massive seat in RF mode (but slim in width) and it's a manual re-thread harness so needs to be uninstalled to adjust the strap height.

#7 Purple Polka Dots

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

Cheesy Sanga you seem to know your car seats! Any chance you have any recommendations for after a 0-4 seat? I need to move my 3.5 yr old into another seat to use the britax compaq for the new baby.
It’s such a minefield!

OP, sorry for asking a question on your thread.
I have the britax compaq which has been great for slim line and extended rear facing. The only thing I would have liked is some more head support. But it’s been easy to use and doesn’t take up much space, even rear facing.

#8 PrincessPeach

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

My 5 year old is in a britax maxiguard. I also had a compaq.

#9 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:15 PM

The next seat after an 0-4 is a type g harnessed seat. They are FF harnessed to 8yo approx.

Recommended options are:
Britax maxi guard pro or maxi guard.
Baby Love Ezy Grow (baby love is made by Britax).
Infasecure grandeur aka titanium or emperor or achieve or cadence.

#10 Purple Polka Dots

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:20 PM

View PostCheesy Sanga, on 10 January 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

The next seat after an 0-4 is a type g harnessed seat. They are FF harnessed to 8yo approx.

Recommended options are:
Britax maxi guard pro or maxi guard.
Baby Love Ezy Grow (baby love is made by Britax).
Infasecure grandeur aka titanium or emperor or achieve or cadence.

Thank you - that’s a great starting point for me!
When it comes to such a cost difference in seats, does it make one safer than the other?

#11 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

All seats sold in Australia to Australian Standards are safe. The price difference is due to convenience factors like an easy adjust harness, or a bamboo fabric, or a compact size, etc.

#12 Purple Polka Dots

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

View PostCheesy Sanga, on 10 January 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

All seats sold in Australia to Australian Standards are safe. The price difference is due to convenience factors like an easy adjust harness, or a bamboo fabric, or a compact size, etc.

Great, thank you - just seems crazy when you can spend anywhere from $100-$700 on a seat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.