Due in Sept 2020 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#51 MissTR

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

we've told parents and siblings, we've had 4 miscarriages and realised that it's actually less painful if you have people to share the grief with.

I'm so bloated, I can't fit my normal pants already, I was this big at 20 weeks last time. On another note I read somewhere to take the vitamins at night to help reduce nausea, I've been doing that the last couple of days and I think it's really made a difference, I really only feel mild nausea for about half the day now

#52 MumOfFun

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

Miss TR oh that’s tough. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean this time. Yeah I agree it was great having family when I had my ectopic. Because of surgery I couldn’t go to work for 2 weeks so I told all my work colleagues as well. It was nice to have support at a tough time.

This time around I seem to nauseous a bit if I don’t eat so I can’t let my self get hungry. I have an 17 month old who isn’t sleeping the best at the moment so I’m finding some nights I need to have a midnight snack if I have awake with her because I then get hungry.

#53 Moo-me

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

MumOfFun, on 24 January 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

This time around I seem to nauseous a bit if I don’t eat so I can’t let my self get hungry.

Yup same!! Particularly in the morning with an empty stomach. Still doesn’t feel like full blown morning sickness yet. I’m fine and energetic during the day, the second I get home though I’m completely wiped out. My whole body just feels tired. And my breasts are so veiny right now. All good signs.  

Sometimes I’m really positive and confident in this pregnancy, other times I’m really anxious and start mentally preparing for not good news.

My next scan is Tuesday, if all if looking well I’ll tell my mum next week. My partner already told a trusted friend. This friend has been through the ringer with fertility so I know we can trust them. We won’t tell everyone else until after 12 weeks.

#54 BellaLuna88

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

We haven't told anyone yet. I want to tell our 3 year old first and she won't be able to keep it a secret so will probably wait until after our 12 week scan. Also don't want her knowing too early just in case there are problems. In my first two pregnancies we told family at 8 weeks as it coincided with Father's Day.

I'm feeling really good though. Only feeling tired ATM and no nausea yet. I think it started at around 7 weeks last time and lasted until 16 weeks. Lack of symptoms are making me super anxious but just trying to enjoy feeling good for the moment.

#55 3rdtimesacharm

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Blood work came back with HCG around 252 but was taken on Monday and the GP hasnt ordered any more but dating scan in 2 weeks. Im very anxious with this one as I lost my last at 13 weeks without even knowing I was PG so I need to know everything's ok.
I'm not feeling constant nausea, it comes in waves but just have no appetite and no energy.
We haven't told anyone yet as I'm waiting for the dating scan to at least tell our parents. I'll be getting the NIPT done also.
Welcome and congrats to everyone who joined recently:)

#56 Amelie_

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

It's been a few days since I popped my head in here. Welcome to the new people who have joined, and I'm glad to hear of all of the promising dating scans :)

Lilismama, have you considered requesting repeat HCG levels in the meantime? It might help you feel a bit better while you wait for your scan?

I'm feeling absolutely rubbish. I feel sick pretty much all day (except luckily dinner time), and I have zero energy. I had a big cry today because I'm already over it! (plus hormones!) I think I will have to tell my manager next week after my dating scan because I'm so useless at work. I'm pretty sure anyone at work who has ever been pregnant before has clued on to what's happening anyway haha.

We've told my parents and my in-laws. Actually my mum guessed it when we were out at brunch and my food came and I looked at my plate with absolute disgust haha. We told my in-laws because I just can't function by the time I get home from work which leaves my husband to do everything including care for our toddler. So they have been helping out a bit with day care pick up and folding washing, etc.

Apart from that the really weird dreams have started early this time, so that'll be fun. Also I just ate a banana and honey sandwich, which is completely not something I would normally eat. Who even am I right now?!

#57 MumOfFun

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

Moo-me fingers crossed the nausea doesn’t last long.

Bella Luna I’m not sure if I mentioned before but with my daughter we told immediate family at Christmas I was only 5 weeks. Oh you’ll have to get your 3yo to tell family and video it. Also video when you tell her. So exciting.

lilismama I completely understand your anxiety. My first pregnancy was an ectopic. So when I was pregnant with DD I was super on edge until I had my dating scan at around 6 weeks. This time I’m thinking I’ll just wait for the 12 week scan. I feel pretty comfortable and happy this time around.

oh Amelie you poor thing. I hope it passes quickly. I didn’t have morning sickness with DD. But was definitely tired. I’m tired this time around too but that could be because DD is cutting 4 molars and we have had about 3 weeks of terrible sleep.

#58 3rdtimesacharm

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Amelie I did think about it and i will see this week if i can go to my normal gp and see what they think. I have to get the referral for my ob anyway.
Mumoffun, so glad to hear you feel comfortable this time round. Any cramp or pain and anxiety sets in. I'm sure it will all be fine but i cant help it lol.
DH told his parents today even though I wasn't ready and then started to pressure me to tell mine. I get he's just excited but i wanted to get DD a cute t-shirt or take a photo of her reading her im going to be a big sister book but I feel like he took it away from me. Bloody hormones are taking over lol.

#59 MumOfFun

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

View PostLilismama, on 25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Mumoffun, so glad to hear you feel comfortable this time round. Any cramp or pain and anxiety sets in. I'm sure it will all be fine but i cant help it lol.

Yeah I know it’s so hard when you’ve experienced loss. You can’t help thinking it’s going to happen again. Perhaps try some mindfulness or meditation to help calm your nerves until you have your scan and definitely ask for some follow up bloods to ease your mind.

#60 crazy87

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

We're waiting till 12wks to tell everyone else- my parents already know cause we needed child minding! I want to tell DS first and that will be the end of the secret, hence the wait!

Can't wait - we'd convinced everyone we were done lol

#61 MissTR

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

I've been feeling anxious the last couple of days too, it's like once you've experienced loss the joy of finding out your pennant is overshadowed by doubt. It doesn't help that i have spring every few days too, just puts me a bit on edge.

I just realised I need to find a new shared care gp too, my go is going on maternity leave from this week! I feel so blahhhhh about it, having to rehash all the history of fertility treatments and miscarriages and all the rest of it, and then hope you get a doctor that's supportive and understanding. Ugh just another mental hurdle to get over.

#62 Miss_Stac

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

I thought it might be nice to get to know a little more about each other.

Where is everyone from?

#63 Amelie_

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

I'm from Melbourne :)

Had my dating scan today. 7w2d which is spot on to what I thought - yay!

#64 ohhhhello

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

View PostAmelie_, on 28 January 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm from Melbourne :)

Had my dating scan today. 7w2d which is spot on to what I thought - yay!

Congrats! So exciting having that confirmation.

As for me- I'm from Melbourne too. Have another scan with ob tomorrow..should measure 9 weeks. Then NIPT the following week.

#65 MumOfFun

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Great idea Miss_Stac

I’m from country Vic a small town called Euroa. I’m a massage therapist and Pilates instructor and a mum of an 18 month old.

What do you all do for work and do you have kids already.

I have days where I seem to get quite nauseous others I’m ok.

Questions for mum of 2 or more.  
My LO will be 25 months old when No.2 arrives. So the question is to double pram or not.

#66 ohhhhello

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

View PostMumOfFun, on 29 January 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Great idea Miss_Stac

I’m from country Vic a small town called Euroa. I’m a massage therapist and Pilates instructor and a mum of an 18 month old.

My LO will be 25 months old when No.2 arrives. So the question is to double pram or not.

hey! I have a 17 month old boy. this will be my second bubba. #2 is due 10 days before our boys 2nd bday.

we are planning/assuming a double pram. we have an uppababy vista, so just need to buy an extra seat. but also have no clue if a 2 year old needs a pram for long haha no idea what im doing!

my sickness is really up and down. sometimes its soooo hideous, other times i don't feel pregnant.

#67 Amelie_

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

How was your scan today, Ohhhhello?

Great idea Miss_Stac

MumOfFun, I feel like I have driven through Euroa before. Looking on the map, maybe on the way to Beechworth, or on the way back from Albury/Wodonga.

I work in HR part time and have a 2.5 year old. We don't have 2+ kids, but our LO still likes to use the pram (and wants to be carried alllll the time). He likes to eat snacks while he's being rolled around. But I guess it depends on the child whether it's worth having a two seater. My neice is almost 2 and will rarely sit in her pram, so it's not worth taking it places a lot of the time.

Finally today I had a day where I wasn't completely exhausted, could mostly concentrate at work, and the nausea was not overwhelming! Still couldn't drink my coffee though. Blergh.

#68 MumOfFun

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

Yeah it

View PostAmelie_, on 29 January 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

MumOfFun, I feel like I have driven through Euroa before. Looking on the map, maybe on the way to Beechworth, or on the way back from Albury/Wodonga.

Yeah  it’s about the halfway point between Melb and Albury so a pretty common stopping point. A lot of people still do drive into town for a driving break although there now a servo on the freeway with Maccas and a few other food shops.

im exhausted today but my LO woke at 2:45 and it took about half an hour to resettle her and then I couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 5:30 because I was hungry.

ohhhhello for a second there I thought that you might have been in my last DIG but my babe was an August babe. But you name is familiar I may have seen you in the TTC threads? I’ve changed my name on here but was quite active from probability Jan 2017- Dec 2017 before joining the August 18 DIG.

#69 ohhhhello

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

Scan went well today! Measured bang on 9 weeks. So then ill have NIPT next week. Then we have 13 week scan on Feb 26th.

@mumoffun I was in the TTC groups for a while with my first! But I was in DIG for Nov, and then our son came 7 weeks early.

It is so hard with toddlers. I'm finding I'm extra exhausted vs first pregnancy.

#70 3rdtimesacharm

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

Im from Melbourne also, currently not working and have an almost 2 yr old girl.
Had a scare yesterday and started bleeding so headed to the hospital. They did an internal and there's a sac but measuring 5 weeks so one week off what we thought. Too early to tell if all is ok but they thought it was just implantation bleeding as it was very light and didnt last long. Bought up so many feelings from the miscarriage so not been a fun 24 hours but staying positive.
Great to hear all your scans are going well and hope your feeling good.
Oh and we havent thought about the pram situation but my daughter loves being in hers so may have to look into it but it would mean buying a whole new one. I have a silvercross and love it but they are quite exxy so lots of thought will need to go into it lol

#71 BellaLuna88

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:28 PM

Great idea Miss_Stac

When my second was born my eldest was 23 months. We never bothered with a double pram as she would never sit in one anyway! We added a skateboard onto our pram which was perfect for us!

#72 BellaLuna88

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:42 PM

First appointment with my OB today. I'm 7+1 with bub measuring at 6+4 and had a heartbeat. He wants me to come back in 10 days to do another scan. Similar happened with my last 2 babies. I'm so relieved there was a heartbeat!

#73 ohhhhello

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:10 PM

BellaLuna88, on 30 January 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

First appointment with my OB today. I'm 7+1 with bub measuring at 6+4 and had a heartbeat. He wants me to come back in 10 days to do another scan. Similar happened with my last 2 babies. I'm so relieved there was a heartbeat!

Such a relief to have the scan done!!!

#74 Miss_Stac

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

When my 3 were young the pram was a life saver but it does depend if your little one likes being in the pram or not.

We had our scan today I am measuring bang on 7 weeks as I was supposed to with a good strong heart beat.

Lillsmama I am thinking of you and hope everything goes ok.

Ok silly question as I have been out of the game for a while. If you do the NIPT test and all comes back normal do you have to do the 13 week scan? Or is best to still do both?

#75 Miss_Stac

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:02 PM

Oh and I am from Perth we have a bit of an age gap 12,10 and 8 years. They are all really excited and the youngest my daughter can't wait to be little mum, she wants to do it all.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.