Starting FET overseas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alek2019

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

Hi ladies, I'm waiting to transfer the embies we had frozen from our last cycle.  We had them frozen overseas.  I'm just waiting for AF so we can schedule transfer.  Our clinic assures us that frozen embies have the same chances as fresh ones.  May I have your opinion on this?

#2 rosie28

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Most studies show exactly that, but it’s no guarantee of success. My 2 IVF babies are both from frozen embryos.

#3 IamOzgirl

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

Actually I believe current belief is frozen is more successful that Fresh.

#4 rosie28

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 08 January 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

That’s true for my clinic and for most of the studies I’ve read recently (when working up to transferring the embryo that is now DD), and I certainly felt better waiting for the frozen transfer rather than having it done fresh when I still felt rotten because of the stims.

#5 MissHLH

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:38 AM

I think the FET is slightly better (now that freezing procedures have improved), because your body is in a better state.  Good luck!

#6 alek2019

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

View Postrosie28, on 08 January 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Most studies show exactly that, but it’s no guarantee of success. My 2 IVF babies are both from frozen embryos.

Hello Rosie, it's nice to know you have two.  How long did it take for you to have them?  Were they both frozen from the same cycle?

I only have two embies frozen from my last transfer.  I know they are both girls since I had them PGS tested.  My first baby is a boy and it would be great if he had his sister.

I do hope they're right.  And I'm certainly glad the meds are not as much as the first cycle.

#7 alek2019

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 08 January 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

That is a relief.  I honestly don't want to go through the same long and arduous cycle of stimulating and retrieving eggs, plus the wait for blasts.

AF is here now.  Started prepping for a good lining.  Here we go! :smile:

#8 alek2019

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:40 AM

View PostMissHLH, on 09 January 2020 - 08:38 AM, said:

I think the FET is slightly better (now that freezing procedures have improved), because your body is in a better state.  Good luck!

Luckily we had the extra embies to freeze.  What if there were none?!  I'd hate it to cycle all over again! :huh:

#9 alek2019

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:34 PM

I just want to give you an update ladies - my transfer was postponed a bit due to lining issues but finally had it last Feb 11, and happy to say I got my BFP :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.