Ready Set Go: Due in 2020

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IamOzgirl

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:45 AM

A thread for a RSG Grads.

Please join in if you have your are pregnant after Assisted Conception and due in 2020!

#2 Gabbitz

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:41 PM

Hi ladies.
Hope we have lots joining us in here!
I’m currently 20weeks after a donor egg FET.
We got news about bub having a heart issue. I was originally booked in to see my ob in early Feb, but we were able to score a cancellation appointment for tomorrow. Hoping that he will be able to suggest further assistance to prevent premature birth this time (my DS was born at 32 weeks). Supposedly bub’s heart condition would be difficult to manage if they were born early, so hoping we make it to at least 36 weeks.

#3 BeachesBaby

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

Good luck tomorrow Gabbitz, I know we're all crossing our fingers that you get positive news and that the dr is able to help reassure you that there are ways you can help bub to stay put until he needs to come out.

#4 MissHLH

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Hi Gabbitz - I hope your appointment went well.  Understand if you don't want to share, but like BB said, we're all wishing you the very best.  I hope your OB is a genius.

#5 Gabbitz

Posted Yesterday, 04:38 PM

My OB was quite surprised by our news. Supposedly the cardiologist didn’t send the report to him, so he read our copy.

He was a bit concerned because of my history with DS. He’s already got me on the meds that he thinks will help prevent premature birth, but is concerned that it will only give us a couple of weeks extra, but not the ideal range. (Ie my son was 32 weeks, OB reckons we might get to 34 weeks, cardiologist wants 36-38 weeks).

The doc reckons that we might have to go the bed rest option, but will be taking it a week at a time. He was a bit concerned that my blood pressure was up a bit, although not serious yet and I’m already on low dose aspirin.

So it’s going to be week by week assessment. He also wasn’t keen my work’s plan for me to be increasing my hours. I’m still on an agreed return to work plan where I was progressing towards being back full-time. He seemed to be thinking that he’ll hold me to 3 days a week and may then recommend working from home (or hospital if we have to do stricter bed rest).

So it looks like we don’t really have any great solutions at this stage and it will be a waiting game to see how I go.

So at least now the doc knows what’s going on and my OB and the cardiologist know that we are continuing with the pregnancy (that was a frustrating q that got asked!) We weren’t even remotely considering terminating. Bub is still an incredible gift, even if they require a lot more help then we originally expected.

So slow and steady from now on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.