Peter Dutton has been busy...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Amica

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:46 PM

Referring a complaint to the AFP, asking them to investigate whether author and volunteer fire fighter Bruce Pascoe is Aboriginal enough to profit from an award winning book about Aboriginal people.

Is this something that AFP would actually seriously investigate? If so, how, forced DNA testing?

ETA: I can't quote text from the article from my phone.

https://www.theguard...digenous-to-afp

Edited by Amica, 15 January 2020 - 09:50 PM.

#2 lizzzard

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

Edited because I’m probably just being grumpy

Edited by lizzzard, 16 January 2020 - 12:11 AM.

#3 ipsee

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

Dpes the person have aboriginal heritage, or is she the mother of a son with aboriginal heritage.

Anyway - I don't think Pascoe has tried to misrepresent himself.

#4 Amica

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:21 PM

Nah, I understand perfectly thanks.

He doesn't refer all complaints he gets to the AFP. Only the ones he wants to.

#5 IamzFeralz

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:09 AM

When I first heard about I was surprised it would be something the AFP would investigate.  

Andrew Bolt also went after Pascoe too.  Hmmmm.....

#6 Hands Up

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:05 AM

I thought Andrew Bolt failed in that attempt? And also - ha ha - lifted Pascoe’s book sales?

Eta: **** me Peter Dutton is a miserable piece of sh*t. How dare positive works come out about Aboriginal culture?

Edited by Hands Up, 16 January 2020 - 06:10 AM.

#7 Freddie'sMum

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:07 AM

Good to see that the dark Lord - sorry Peter Dutton - has got his priorities right whilst the country burns and is in a never ending drought.

What a disgrace of a human being he is.

#8 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:24 AM

Well after I heard this, I ordered three copies of the book as gifts.

#9 Froggilicious

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:37 AM

Peter Dutton is a poor excuse for a human being and words fail me when I consider that people think highly enough to vote him in.

#10 JRA

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:45 AM

Just unbelievable isnt it

#11 IShallWearTinsel

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostHands Up, on 16 January 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

I thought Andrew Bolt failed in that attempt? And also - ha ha - lifted Pascoe’s book sales?

Eta: **** me Peter Dutton is a miserable piece of sh*t. How dare positive works come out about Aboriginal culture?

I was thrilled to see that some book shops were selling out of their copies! Nothing like trying to censor someone to make people want to read

#12 Amica

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:41 AM

I had never heard of the book but plan to buy one. I am thinking it will be good reading for my 14 year old too.

#13 *Spikey*

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:14 AM

He has now brought out a younger readers version.

#14 Ho Ho No

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

Whenever I think of Potato Dudden, a little bit of vomit creeps up into my mouth.

#15 wallofdodo

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

View Post*Spikey*, on 16 January 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

He has now brought out a younger readers version.

Yes! I got my kids to borrow it from school and read it. It was really good.

I bought the book as a Christmas present for my BIL and I think I will get a copy for myself.

#16 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

The book is great! But even better, is the audio book. Bruce's voice is just lovely to listen to :)

#17 blimkybill

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:37 PM

I can't get too worked up about this one.
A complaint came in from an aboriginal person. The minister's office passed the complaint on to the AFP who could make their own decision whether to investigate or not. If they hadn't at least passed it on, the person making the complaint would be able to make a fuss about it.
And I think the AFP have decided not to do anything anyway.

#18 Amica

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

Make no mistake, it is politically motivated from all involved. Dutton wants the author discredited just as much as Bolt and others.

I am just pleased that this farce drew my attention to this award winning piece of literature. I hadn't heard of it before.

Edited by Amica, 16 January 2020 - 02:13 PM.

#19 ipsee

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

It's also a distraction from their poor performance in handling the fire and smoke crisis.

#20 purplekitty

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:18 PM

View Postblimkybill, on 16 January 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

I can't get too worked up about this one.
A complaint came in from an aboriginal person. The minister's office passed the complaint on to the AFP who could make their own decision whether to investigate or not. If they hadn't at least passed it on, the person making the complaint would be able to make a fuss about it.
And I think the AFP have decided not to do anything anyway.

It was politically motivated on the part of the complainant.

#21 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

Testing aboriginality....

****ing testing aboriginality!

Of course Dutton supports such a thing, racist prick!!!

#22 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

~Jolly_F~, on 16 January 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

Testing aboriginality....

****ing testing aboriginality!

Of course Dutton supports such a thing, racist prick!!!

The idea of a list of approved aboriginal persons is abhorrent.
The only race this is even considered to be applied to.
Bloody hell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.