Unexplainable Telstra Credit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MuffinQueen

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

Ok, I know most people would love to not receive monthly Telstra bills - my query is has anybody received ongoing (3 months) of credit?

For the last 3 months, our bill has been coming in as $159 in credit.  I called and asked why - they couldn't tell me.  I said that's not good enough, I want an explanation as to why my normal $90 charge isn't being deducted from the credited amount or why I got the credit in the first place - still couldn't tell me.

This is for our home landline plus out NBN.

My concern is that we're going to receive a massive bill in a few months!  

Has this happened to anyone or could anyone suggest why this may be happening?  I know it's not a bad problem - but I'd love to know why!

#2 BrainFart

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

I’m sending you a message - I can help

#3 MuffinQueen

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the private message BrainFart - I'm not comfortable sending you my personal information or Telstra account details...but thank you for your offer of help.

#4 BrainFart

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

No problems at all, good luck, hope there’s a reasonable explanation

#5 Mollyksy

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

Can you keep calling? Ask for a supervisor. Then their supervisor. Call the complaints people, they might be better. Then go to ombudsmen. You still have a 'not billing me properly' complaint even if you arent being over charged.

Cancel your contract and run?! Though you are getting free service so sounds a draft suggestion! I like you worry theyll finally work it out and demand all of it in a day. Good luck!

#6 lizzzard

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

do you have a mobile that has come to the end of the contract period? It’s also possible you maybe been ‘automatically’ reimbursed as part of a large scale remediation for some kind of systemic over charging. I’ve been with telstra for years ... in my experience their left and doesn’t know what their right hand is doing. You’re right to be worried- in would continue putting the Monty aside until you figure out what’s going on.

#7 Mollyksy

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

Are you in a fire effected area?

https://exchange.tel...ssistance-2019/

#8 creatamum

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

This happened with our mobile last year after many hours we were told that there was an error on our account so bills were not being generated but they assured us that all unbilled months would be waived and they were when we got the bill after 4 months 3 months had been credited.

#9 lizzzard

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

View Postcreatamum, on 25 January 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:

This happened with our mobile last year after many hours we were told that there was an error on our account so bills were not being generated but they assured us that all unbilled months would be waived and they were when we got the bill after 4 months 3 months had been credited.
Wow, that’s impressive:)

#10 PrincessPeach

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

Contact the complaints department. It's how we fixed out last issue with our telstra bills.

#11 Luci

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

I can’t shed any light on it but I would definitely want to understand what was going on.  I don’t mind Telstra but I have had some bad experiences with them making mistakes. It’s not good enough that they can’t explain how they calculate the bill they send, even if you don’t owe any money.  I would also ask to speak to a supervisor/ the complaints department. Dropping the ombudsman into the conversation can sometimes make them do something.

#12 Luci

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

The fact they can’t explain it / there’s no obvious reason makes it sound even more like a stuff up.

#13 FeralZombieMum

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:01 AM

Call their complaints line.

If it gets nowhere - call the Ombudsman.

View PostMuffinQueen, on 25 January 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

My concern is that we're going to receive a massive bill in a few months!  

I don't get this.

You know how much it should be each month. Put that money aside, so when this is sorted, you can pay the correct bill when it arrives.

#14 Sancti-claws

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:23 AM

We had similar happen a few years ago - sudden credits then huge bills then credits - they finally worked it out and wiped anything they couldn't explain over those months (after lots of discussion).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.