#1 BabyRed

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:14 AM

For services to "gender equity"...

I felt quite ill reading this:

https://www.smh.com....124-p53uh1.html

#2 born.a.girl

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:28 AM

No words.

Except she's an honorary 'old white man'.

Edited by born.a.girl, 26 January 2020 - 06:29 AM.

#3 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:38 AM

WTAF

#4 IamtheMumma

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

That is revolting.

#5 kimasa

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:50 AM

But why?

#6 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:54 AM

View Postkimasa, on 26 January 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

But why?

because they’re laughing at us?

up is down, black is white, war is peace...we are in a post truth Orwellian world. Aunt Lydia is a poster girl for feminism.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

#7 Jingleflea

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:56 AM

Gross.

But are we surprised in this day and age with who we have in power?

#8 BadCat

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:58 AM

For services to gender equity.

In other news, Adani awarded for services to the environment, Trump for services to coherent speech, and Milli Vanilli for services to music.

#9 IamzFeralz

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

Not surprising.

It’s obviously a political award for her advocacy of men’s rights.

#10 purpleduck

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:30 AM

Who actually makes these decisions??

#11 Hands Up

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

I’m almost speechless. That article says her citation specifically references her university tour which aimed to “dispel the myths regarding sexual assaults on campus” and she also feels that the narrative on domestic violence is unfair. You know what I think is unfair? The numbers of women being murdered by their partner or ex partner.

#12 Backtoschoolchef

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:59 AM

She makes a lot of sweeping claims without any stats to back them up, doesn't she?  Very pompous and aggressive.

I do agree on her one point about tackling male suicide which I think needs a lot more attention and funding on that issue.

#13 Fourteenyears

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:03 AM

Honestly, it’s like they got together and had a few drinks and thought ‘how can we trigger the leftists and centrists.’  

It’s actually really gross though.  It’s a huge **** you to those who work tirelessly to stem, or deal with the aftermath of, family violence.

#14 gruidae

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:04 AM

LB, you are right. Aunt Lydia just got an award for services to gender equality.

Active misogyny is now framed as men's rights I mean, this is a woman that told highschool and university level young women "not to exploit their seductive power to ruin the lives of men", tours universities touting her ""fake rape crisis" BS and interviewed a convicted paedophile who gloated about his sexual abuse of a 15yo student, while omitting the voice of his victim.

Now's she's been given legitimacy and she knows it. This quote is particularly galling:

"I have no doubt my beliefs around these issues are shared by the majority of the population," Ms Arndt said in an interview with The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.
"The mainstream media has unfortunately become dominated by a particular ideological clique which is totally out of whack with what quiet Australians think about these issues, with what ordinary people think about these issues."

This all points towards what I've been feeling is going on for most of the last 12 months. That any view that isn't aligned with powerful groups over those with less power is being silenced and delegitimised. 50 years of progress that was won by inches is being undone over a space of months.

For Dog's sake get rid of the swear filter because it needs to be said that this is a sh*t country full of  evil ****wits.

#15 foom

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:07 AM

Disgusted that she got the award for gender equality.

But I did like the final paragraph in the Guardian's article...

"Concerns have been raised over the honours selection process in recent years."

https://www.theguard...o-gender-equity

One sentence that tells you what they think of the awarding.

If she can be awarded for this then I can think of a few people in patchwork circles who deserve some kind of award for all their charity work. Will put nominating them on my to do list.

#16 DirtyStreetPie

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

Ugh. Maybe she's a captain's pick. Makes sense, given who our PM is.

#17 Mmmcheese

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

Ugh, quiet Australians. Guess she's cosying up to Scotty from marketing.

#18 Kreme

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

What an insult. Who makes these decisions?!

#19 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:38 AM

Revolting but unsurprising given the government we have.

#20 lucky 2

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, I reckon it fits with the current political leadership of our nation.

Have fun in the sun Bettina, this quiet australian has patience and the wheel will keep turning and you will slide off, down into obscurity again.

#21 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:14 AM

Services for being a handmaiden to mysogynists more like.

#22 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:27 AM

I don’t know if we are going to make it through the next couple of years without some very serious damage being done to society. This is just another nail in the coffin!

View Postlucky 2, on 26 January 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

Yeah, I reckon it fits with the current political leadership of our nation.

Have fun in the sun Bettina, this quiet australian has patience and the wheel will keep turning and you will slide off, down into obscurity again.

I am not sure you understand what the quiet Australia is?

It’s not something you aspire to if you are left, feminist or anyone who gives a crap about Australia or the world.

Edited by ~Jolly_F~, 26 January 2020 - 09:28 AM.

#23 #notallcats

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

This is the biggest **** you to  sexual assault and domestic violence victims.  It's really unbelievable.

#24 BadCat

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

View Post~Jolly_F~, on 26 January 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

I am not sure you understand what the quiet Australia is?

It’s not something you aspire to if you are left, feminist or anyone who gives a crap about Australia or the world.

I suspect she was using the term ironically.

Meanwhile, is there any way we can appeal this award and have it stripped?  Anyone know?

#25 BadCat

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:41 AM

Guess we could petition based on this information from the Order of Australia handbook.

Sorry, stupid image didn't load.  Gimme a sec...

Edited by BadCat, 26 January 2020 - 09:42 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 1 anonymous users

Google (1)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.