Clothes - tall, fat, huge boobs!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

Hello! I need help.  I’m tall (6’2”), size 18-20 no waist and have J cup huge boobs. It’s so hard to find clothes that fit. I don’t like anything about my body, so that adds a fun layer. Can’t even find a simple black jacket to wear to my sisters wedding- been looking for a good 6 months. I’m in Melbourne and in the city today and can’t even find anything in the plus size sections - most seem to assume you are fat, small boobs and average height. I’m nearly in tears walking around the city.

#2 BBC

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

I'm sorry you are having a horrible time

Have you tried Maggie T?  Or City Chic
I also like Autograph or TS

If you've tried them, maybe a dressmaker could help?

#3 QuisbySchmoo

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Long Tall Sally?

#4 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

Thanks. I have tried some of those brands - hit and miss.

The wedding is in America, so don’t want to spend too much as it’s already bloody expensive just to get there

#5 JustBeige

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

Curvaceous do larger sizes that accommodate larger boobs.

Their clothing range is more casual than office or super dressy, but you can usually get something and dress it up.

#6 missminx

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

If you are in Melbourne, I recommend Sprinkle Emporium in Brunswick for plus size.

Online, I like Modcloth for plus size (US site but very reasonably priced).

I second City Chic or Autograph.  If budget is an issue, City Chic have a few outlet stores and their website currently has an extra 20% off their sale prices.

This is not for everyone, but I have found shapewear to be a godsend.  I'm about a size 18 and wearing a corset shaves off about 5 cm off my waist and creates more of a shape.  A minimiser bra can also help you look a bit smaller.  Both help clothes fit better and then I feel more confident.  You can buy cheap corsets off eBay for about $20.  

Good luck xx

Edited by missminx, 27 January 2020 - 11:41 AM.

#7 Ivy Ivy

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Timtam92, what you are describing isn't unusual.

I am routinely in despair any time I go shopping, which is why I avoid going, and thus look like an unfashionable disaster in old, worn clothes, most of the time.

Given you've been searching 6 months, should you get the jacket made?  To minimise the pain?

#8 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

I think I might scrap the jacket idea and just be cold. Less painful that way. Let’s hope the skirt I have still fits! I realise I’m going to look like sh*t, so will just have to do what I can.

#9 gracie1978

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

Buy clothes when you're there!  So many great plus size options in the US dept stores.

#10 gracie1978

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:09 PM

Also get a black pashmina, super cozy

#11 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 27 January 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

Buy clothes when you're there!  So many great plus size options in the US dept stores.
I’ve heard they don’t really stock much - it’s all online.

#12 missminx

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

OP, I am plus size and used to have G cup size boobs (got a reduction to DD a few years ago).  I know shopping can be horrific.

Having said that, I love shopping and I love mixing up colours and accessories.

If you let me know roughly what you are looking for and your approx budget, perhaps I  (or other posters) can help with some more specific ideas.

Edited by missminx, 27 January 2020 - 01:41 PM.

#13 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

Im also tall and fat with big boobs, so I hear you -although not as tall as you OP.  But I sympathise a lot that having bigger boobs pulls the clothes up so if you have a long torso it shows your stomach :(

The issue with a lot of the shops like taking shape is they have a certain look / colour which doesn't work if its not the look you are going for or the colours that suit.

I actually find some of the tops aimed at maternity work well because they are longer in the body

The larger Myer stores have a couple of nice larger sizes labels too.

#14 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

View PostPoolsideMasterchef, on 27 January 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

Im also tall and fat with big boobs, so I hear you -although not as tall as you OP.  But I sympathise a lot that having bigger boobs pulls the clothes up so if you have a long torso it shows your stomach :(

The issue with a lot of the shops like taking shape is they have a certain look / colour which doesn't work if its not the look you are going for or the colours that suit.

I actually find some of the tops aimed at maternity work well because they are longer in the body

The larger Myer stores have a couple of nice larger sizes labels too.

I have some maternity tops for this reason!!

#15 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:53 PM

Thanks everyone. I like classic styles. I wear a lot of black and white or navy and white. Will add colour with necklaces and shoes. Budget for a jacket would be no more than $150

#16 Bearynice

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

Are you on Instagram? You could follow some people on there and follow their shopping suggestions.

It’s not what you are asking for but shops like little party dress online where real people post photos in their dresses.
Then you can see what it looks like on real shapes not just on a model.

#17 MsLaurie

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

Do you need a structured jacket? Maybe a drapey style jersey jacket/cardigan would fit easier.

#18 missminx

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

OP do you mean you are looking for a blazer?  Or jacket (as in coat) to keep you warm outside?

Another idea might be a bolero or a shrug. This would still keep you warm but instead show more of your outfit off.

Does the wedding have a dress code?

#19 RynandStompy

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

I'm a similar build OP, albiet H not J cup.
I've found ezibuy plus sizes helpful.
I don't always like their styles,  but the fit of their maxi dresses and some jackets has worked well for me past summers.
Black work trou are 60% success hit rate for fit, which is better and faster than in shops.

Is this the style of jacket you're after, or is it more a blazer you're after?
https://www.ezibuy.c...kimono/p/206603

#20 ~garnet~

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Sorry you're having a horrible time op. I hate shopping too.

Would something like this work? Don't go by the model, it's the tall range and they have sizes to 20, plus it's stretchy, so comfortable and packable. Plus there's 20% off and free shipping and returns.
(use code RAT20 for 20% off)
Also, I know you said you have huge boobs, but I always leave my jackets open so it's not so obvious.

https://www.asos.com...earchQuery=tall

Good luck with it all - it can be soul destroying trying to find stuff.

edit to add discount code

Edited by ~garnet~, 27 January 2020 - 03:40 PM.

#21 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Does your sister currently live the the US?

Might open up some search options.

#22 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

View PostPrincessPeach, on 27 January 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Does your sister currently live the the US?

Might open up some search options.

No, they both live here. We all have to go over there.

#23 timtam92

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

View Postmissminx, on 27 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

OP do you mean you are looking for a blazer?  Or jacket (as in coat) to keep you warm outside?

Another idea might be a bolero or a shrug. This would still keep you warm but instead show more of your outfit off.

Does the wedding have a dress code?

Yes a blazer I guess.

No real dress code. It’s a small wedding in a restaurant in Indiana! I’m wearing a black skirt with a black/dark silver sequin top.

#24 Cerridwen

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:29 PM

I have bought a few things from here. They come from the UK but arrive really quickly.

Inexpensive plus size and definitely cater to taller women. I am 163 cm tall and have had to remove 10cm+ from a couple of the maxi dresses I bought.

Some possibilities here for jackets that may work.

https://www.simplybe.../womensSize--20

#25 missminx

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

This blazer is from Modcloth (US site) and goes up to a size 4X.  

I have linked it in black, but it comes in other colours as well.

https://www.modcloth...ack/156638.html

If you are wearing black and silver  another colour such as white, teal or cherry red would make the other colours pop.  You could get a matching clutch or shoes if you add in another colour to bring your whole look together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.