Men demanding to be breastfed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 missminx

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

This article from the Guardian has me enraged and heartbroken in equal measures.

We have hit rock bottom with entitlement to women's bodies and have now started digging.  That men feel it's okay to be breastfed BEFORE the baby as it makes him feel like a prince and then completely disregard the health risks for the baby.

Selfish selfish selfish heartless pr!cks.

https://www.theguard...ilk-from-babies

Edited by missminx, 29 January 2020 - 06:11 PM.

#2 ExpatInAsia

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

That they would deprive their child of food is appalling.

#3 BadCat

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

Why are so many men such pathetic, useless creatures?

I propose a great Global Man Testing.

A series of questions and activities designed to get to the heart of how men really feel about themselves, women, and children.

Failures will be immediately locked up for life. Sorry dudes, but it's the only way.  We've had enough of your sh*t.

#4 Freddie'sMum

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

Dear God.  Just when I thought I had heard it all in regards to men's demands and rights over women and our bodies, I read about men demanding to be breastfed !

It's unbelievable and totally believable all at the same time.  I can't wrap my head around the totally selfish men who do this.  They are literally taking food away from their own babies and threatening violence to their wife / partner if she refuses.

I'm just appalled.

#5 ContentedFleur

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

Any man demanding to be breastfed needs to be referred back to his OWN mother. Sheesh.

#6 Mrs Lost Wanderer

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

I read this earlier today and felt sick. I clicked on it thinking that it would be about fetishes or something and figured well, whatever floats your boat, only to be horrified by what I read. Women are having infected bite marks and being beaten for refusing. Not to mention depriving babies of food. Yeah, I really don't know what to say.

#7 Chelli

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

It's horrible to see how many ways women (and children) are abused in this world :(.

#8 purplekitty

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

WTAF.

I hate the system that gives men so much power.

#9 missminx

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

Oh BadCat I have thought of that many many times over the years.

When I read such horrific news as this I see how far feminism has to go.

#10 EsmeLennox

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

What the ****ety ****?  

I just don’t know what to say...

#11 Ivy Ivy

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:38 PM

In some ways it makes some psychological sense - men do feel displaced after a baby arrives, and as though they are a lower priority for their wives than previously.  So positioning themselves as #1, above the baby, is likely quite tempting for men who can't bear not feeling as cared for as the baby.   It is probably very soothing for them to be held and fed, I can see how some adults wouldn't mind this sort of regressed behaviour.

It seems so unmanly.  I wonder if it makes their wives lose respect for them?  It disgusts me but maybe that's a cultural thing?

I am so glad I was born in this country, and was educated, and can work and support myself and my kids, and thus have the ability to walk away from needy selfish men such as this.  What freedom we all have here.  I get so used to it I forget that so many don't have it.

Edited by Ivy Ivy, 29 January 2020 - 07:38 PM.

#12 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:42 PM

i just think it shows a sense of male entitlement to women’s bodies which transcends all cultures, all time periods.

#13 Ozquoll

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

View PostIvy Ivy, on 29 January 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

In some ways it makes some psychological sense - men do feel displaced after a baby arrives, and as though they are a lower priority for their wives than previously.
Well, diddums to them I reckon! They had their turn being a baby, when they WERE babies. Taking care of a newborn baby takes priority over pampering a bratty husband 😤.

#14 purplekitty

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

View PostOzquoll, on 29 January 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

Well, diddums to them I reckon! They had their turn being a baby, when they WERE babies. Taking care of a newborn baby takes priority over pampering a bratty husband .

Adulting is hard.

#15 Ellie bean

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostExpatInAsia, on 29 January 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

That they would deprive their child of food is appalling.
Yes it is absolutely appalling but what disgusts me even more is the clear sexual assault. Horrifying.

#16 #notallcats

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

I'm probably going to express myself poorly, but I'm uncomfortable with a predominantly white, western culture commenting and criticising black people (of Africa) with little understanding of their culture or history.  Especially consider our complete failure in protecting our own women, and vulnerable members of society.

The study is important, the reporting is important ... but the tone of the thread makes me uncomfortable.

#17 AnythingGoes

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:32 PM

This quote from one of the men that does it seems typical too "Thomas admitted that resistance could result in the women being beaten. “She can’t say no because you become obsessed, it’s hard to stop. If women say no it can cause violence, it’s a big issue,” he said."

Taking absolutely no responsibility for his decision to assault his wife for saying no.

#18 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

Women are being physically abused, what’s culture got to do with it?

Violence towards women is abhorrent regardless of which continent you live in.

#19 sahmie

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

View Post#notallcats, on 29 January 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I'm probably going to express myself poorly, but I'm uncomfortable with a predominantly white, western culture commenting and criticising black people (of Africa) with little understanding of their culture or history.  Especially consider our complete failure in protecting our own women, and vulnerable members of society.

The study is important, the reporting is important ... but the tone of the thread makes me uncomfortable.

I would agree with you if the breastfeeding was consensual and the women had free choice to partake or not, but sorry assault dressed up as “culture” is bullsh*t. They have no one in their corner. Getting outraged on behalf of a woman without choice is ok in this instance I think.

#20 Expelliarmus

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

I'm okay with ignoring culture when women are being assaulted and children abused.

#21 AnythingGoes

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:49 PM

An abusive practice is an abusive practice.

And the tone of the thread - until your comment - was around men being pathetic, entitled creatures - across the board.

#22 #notallcats

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

View PostExpelliarmus, on 29 January 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'm okay with ignoring culture when women are being assaulted and children abused.

Ok but how does that help?

#23 #notallcats

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

View PostAnythingGoes, on 29 January 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

And the tone of the thread - until your comment - was around men being pathetic, entitled creatures - across the board.

Again, how does that help the women of Uganda?

#24 Expelliarmus

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

View Post#notallcats, on 29 January 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

How does your implication that domestic abuse is culturally A-OK help?

I'm struggling to get your angle here.

This behaviour is not okay. I don't care if it's perhaps historically or culturally a thing. It's not okay to abuse women and starve your children.

#25 PurplePaperFrog

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

View Post#notallcats, on 29 January 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

How does your comment help?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.