Pet Business Name Ideas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 samandimmysmum

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:29 PM

Hi All,

I really love animals and would like to change careers and become a dog washing/groomer.

Initially I would start with washing pooches and at some point will probably add grooming to the business.

I have been trying to come up with some business names but they appear to already have been taken.

I would love your help in what I could name my business.  Ideally I want something that is catchy/quirky and that is suitable for adding grooming down the track.  I am not looking at mobile at this stage.

Thanks for your help.

#2 *Spikey*

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:51 PM

Why would you wash a dog and not groom it?

#3 BeachesBaby

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

She likely means grooming as in specialty haircuts and breed-specific cuts like on wheaten terriers and poodles, which require a lot more expertise than a general wash & blow with a nail trim which is what the majority of dogs will come in for.

#4 FiveAus

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

Paws For Effect

#5 born.a.girl

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

Have you tried using a search engine narrowing it down to a particular overseas city?

ETA: I would try to include something unique about your family's names, characteristics etc then add that to something a bit catchy.

Catchy on its own will have been thought of, but often the addition of another word can get it through.

Edited by born.a.girl, 03 February 2020 - 10:24 AM.

#6 born.a.girl

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:23 AM

View PostFiveAus, on 03 February 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Paws For Effect

Taken. As will almost anything any of us can think up.

The official ASIC site seems to be out of action at the moment (ETA it's back up), but this company has a search facility:

https://australiabusinessnames.com.au/

Edited by born.a.girl, 03 February 2020 - 10:27 AM.

#7 born.a.girl

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:34 AM

There you go, Dapper Doggies is available.

Got that from Birmingham.  I really should stop procrastinating.

#8 samandimmysmum

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

As Beachesbaby mentions, most dog washers only wash and towel dry/blow dry and nail clip.  I want to initially start off with that and then progress to being able to do specific clips, which I will need to get training for.

I have looked up the ASIC website for a few names that I like but have already been taken.

I agree, most of the catchy names will have been taken, so will think about family name etc. I will also do a search on names from overseas countries

Thanks for the suggestion of Dapper Doggies and Paws for Effect.  Please keep them coming

#9 *Marty*

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

Wagging It
Taking the Lead
The Padded Paw
101 Perfect Pooches
Doggy Day Spa

#10 eponee

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

just pawfect

#11 Mishu

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Warning -not sure these are catchy (& possibly more cheesy than quirky :lol:) but these are my efforts as I sit on the bus on my way home:

Hair of the Dog Grooming Services
Wash & Fluff Dog Grooming
Bow-Wow Dog Washing

#12 Bereckii

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

Bubbles for Dogs

#13 Mrs Claus

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:12 PM

One I wouldn’t recommend (and bizarrely is taken in my local area)
I do dogs....

#14 FiveAus

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Dogs Shed

#15 Anonforthistime

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Scratch and sniff?

#16 BBC

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Flashy Fido Dog Washing and Grooming
Clean Canines
Best Friend Bathing

10 yo dd suggests Beauty Pups or Splashy Dogs

#17 samandimmysmum

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  I will have to write them all down.  Please keep the ideas flowing

#18 ~Bob~

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

View PostMrs Claus, on 03 February 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

One I wouldn’t recommend (and bizarrely is taken in my local area)
I do dogs....������

:rofl:

#19 ~Bob~

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

In keeping with the above theme, Doggie Style Grooming

#20 ~Bob~

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:48 PM

I got these from google.

What the pup
Yuppy puppies
The Groom room
Vanity fur
Wagging tail
Zoom n Groom
Pets day out

Edited by ~Bob~, 04 February 2020 - 09:49 PM.

#21 samandimmysmum

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

Thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions, I have written them all down.

I have also come up with some:

Fluffbut Bath and Groom or Fluffbut Wash and Groom
Waggerz Groom Room
Paws to Tail Dog Grooming

I haven't checked these out so not sure if they are even available.

#22 QuisbySchmoo

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Scissorhounds. (It's an Auckland mob but the name is available here).

#23 samandimmysmum

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

Quisby Schmoo - thanks for the suggestion - I like it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.