Blood in toilet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Elden

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:58 AM

Hi all,
Last night after sex with hubby (nothing crazy) I went to the toilet. Looking into the toilet my urine was red, similar looking to early days of your period and reddish, pink when I wiped. I’m 36 weeks and 3 days and never had this with my first baby so completely out of ideas!

#2 Riotproof

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:13 AM

I’m sure you’ll get some actual experience here, but I would call your labour ward or caregivers and ask them.

My first thought Is that the plug is loosening, which at your gestation I wouldn’t think is a problem.

#3 kristylee21

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:14 AM

Not a medical practitioner...
My guess would be your plug. But I would put on a pad and call your callgivers or labour ward for advice

#4 Soontobegran

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

This is the advice I would have given you if you called me in the delivery suite but if you'd feel more comfort to speak to your doctor then that is the best thing to do.

Your cervix is full of tiny blood fragile blood vessels which will often break when pregnant during sex so it is not unusual at all, particularly when you'll probably be effacing and dilating however if you started to have fresh bleeding or pain you should definitely call your caregiver immediately.

I'd pop a pad on and watch and monitor your baby's movements and your vaginal loss.
Good luck.

Edited by Soontobegran, 04 February 2020 - 10:33 AM.

#5 Maree83

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

I may be over cautious but I would always check with your caregivers, just to err on the side of caution. It most likely will be nothing to worry about,  but it will give you piece of mind.
Any sign of bleeding,  I would always get checked out just in case.
Best of luck.

#6 No Drama Please

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

I had same situation also at 36 weeks. Went to hospital and they monitored me overnight and then I went home but went into labor anyway next day. He went into the SC unit for a bit but it was all fine though. Hope everything ok and best of luck x

#7 ~Bob~

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

I had this after sex too. As soon to be gran mentioned, they said that it’s because the cervix is quite vascular during pregnancy.

Although never feel bad getting checked out. It’s always best to err on the side of caution.

#8 Riotproof

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:59 PM

Op, how did you go?

#9 Elden

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info guys. No bleeding since then which is good. The tightest pains in the top of my stomach tonight though. Pregnancy is so glamorous!

#10 Riotproof

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:02 AM

Oh good. Not long to go now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.